Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting Contours (and labels) from Civil 3D into regular AutoCAd?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
wings1080
487 Views, 6 Replies

Putting Contours (and labels) from Civil 3D into regular AutoCAd?

Hi, I thought before I kill myself I would ask, I've been working on this for 4 hours now, trying every possibly iteration of exploding, ctrl-shift-c -- ctrl-shift-v, trying to get contours and their labels created in civil 3d into a drawing in regular autocad 2010 ... can someone PLEASE offer a solution, anything, PLEASE ... what happens is either the labels don't come in, or nothing comes in, or the labels come in wrong with black shading behind them, all manner of frustrating outcomes ...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: wings1080

If the labels are set to use the background mask, the exploded labels will have a solid hatch that can be selected and deleted. Use the EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command and save it as the dwg version you want.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
wings1080
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff, thanks for answering! I literally had to pack up my work desktop computer and drive it home to work the weekend because of this ... I hope this command works, but while I've got you, can you elaborate just a touch on:

"If the labels are set to use the background mask"  ... specifically with regard to where that setting is so I can turn it off, there are a TON of labels so I'm trying to avoid hand editing each one ...

thanks!

Message 4 of 7
wings1080

also, just to be clear, when i use that export command, i assume save it as any old file and then import that file into the main dwg file i'm working on or ... ?

Message 5 of 7
DaveDrahn

Or - save the dwg, select the contour label, explode it (explodes to a block), select the surface, 'extract objects', check the major and minor contours, hit OK, select one major and one minor contour, right click and 'select similar', select the contour label block, copy with base point & paste into CAD.

Back in C3D, exit the dwg without saving and reopen it.

Message 6 of 7
wings1080
in reply to: DaveDrahn

THANKS GUYS!  I expected to be here for hours doing this, done in less than 45 minutes, you rock!

Message 7 of 7
Joe-Bouza

If something is taking hours using this software (as finickey as it can be at times) you gottat stop and question your workflow, and ask questions

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report