Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish to .dwf problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tspoon005
619 Views, 3 Replies

Publish to .dwf problem

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010, and everytime I publish to .dwf, either through the publish dialog box or sheet set manager I encounter a problem with the plot stamp.  The plot stamp should be oriented vertically along the left side of my 22x34 sheet.  This is the case for the first sheet of the set, but the rest are oriented horizontally.  I have tried switching from a True Type font (Arial) to a .shx font (Arial), but the problem persists.  I also tried publishing single-sheet .dwfs and combining but it still was oriented correctly only for the first page of the set.  The only work-around I found was to "plot" individual .dwfs instead of "publish" them.  This is a pain as I have just started incorporating sheet set manager and now I cannot use it.  I saw a few other posts that were from AutoCAD 2009 about this issue, but were never resolved.  Has anybody else ever encountered this and found a solution?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Avera737
in reply to: tspoon005

Tspoon,

I don't have a solution so much as a work around.  I believe you can emulate a plot stamp using mtext and fields.  If you create an mtext block (be sure to explode upon insertion) with fields for filename, plot date, user, etc. you can just copy it throughout your sheets.  You can also add it to your typical border information block.

- Aaron

Message 3 of 4
Avera737
in reply to: Avera737

Tspoon,

Did my response make sense?  Was that how your plot stamp was setup in the first place?

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved.  Thanks.

- Aaron

Message 4 of 4
tspoon005
in reply to: Avera737

Aaron,

Your solution makes sense and no, the plot stamp was not already set up that way.  My company used to do that and switched to using the plot stamp feature in CAD.

Since I am the only person who has this issue at my company, it makes sense to just plot .dwfs individually as a workaround rather than change the company standards since our sheet sets don't get much bigger than 20. 

Thanks for your input.

-Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report