Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish to PDF

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1422 Views, 5 Replies

Publish to PDF

I have a set of drawings all in one file on different layouts. I'd like to plot all of them at once using the publish function. This works perfectly for me when I plot to our plotter or printer. When I try to publish to pdf however, I am having trouble. Normally when I plot a single layout to pdf a window comes up that allows me to select where to save my pdf. When I try to publish to pdf, this box does not appear, I believe this may be the problem. I have attached the error message I am recieving when I try to plot. I am using dwg to pdf.pc3, we also have cutepdf and pdf995 installed, I havn't tried using either of those, but usually my wipeouts get messed up if I do.

Job: - Plotted with Errors(s)

Job ID: 1
Sheet set name:
Date and time started: 4/20/2012 1:29:39 PM
Date and time completed: 4/20/2012 1:31:32 PM
UserID: christopher_severs
Profile ID: CJS_ACAD_PROFILE
Total sheets: 9
Sheets plotted: 9
Number of errors: 0
Number of warnings: 0

ERROR: Error saving PDF file; PDF file is open or uneditable.

Sheet: Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED)-002 - Plotted

File: K:\Projects\S\Shell\49195134\DWGs\BARTH\Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED).dwg
Category name:
Page setup: FULL SIZE PDF
Device name: DWG To PDF.pc3 - plotted to file
Plot file path: C:\Users\christopher_severs\documents\new folder\Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED).pdf
Paper size: ANSI full bleed D (22.00 x 34.00 Inches)

Sheet: Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED)-003 - Plotted

File: K:\Projects\S\Shell\49195134\DWGs\BARTH\Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED).dwg
Category name:
Plot file path: C:\Users\christopher_severs\documents\new folder\Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED).pdf

Sheet: Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED)-004 - Plotted

Category name:

Sheet: Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED)-005 - Plotted

Category name:

Sheet: Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED)-006 - Plotted

Category name:

Sheet: Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED)-007 - Plotted

Category name:

Sheet: Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED)-008 - Plotted

Category name:

Sheet: Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED)-009 - Plotted

Category name:

Sheet: Barth Pad - ES DRAWINGS AND PLAT (SAVED)-010 - Plotted

Category name:
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
IanMcClain
in reply to: Anonymous

When you are in the publisher window, is the publish option for Naming set to "Prompt for name"?

Ian McClain
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: IanMcClain

yes

Message 4 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: Anonymous

csevers wrote:
ERROR: Error saving PDF file; PDF file is open or uneditable.

Sounds like an UAC issue: ask your IT guru to disable it for a while, and try to publish again.
Message 5 of 6

I have the same problem.  My UAC is off.

Message 6 of 6
pkolarik
in reply to: charles.wermers

Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue?

My 2015 version of ACA just started experiencing this this week. 2 different projects, several different drawing files in each project. A solution after the fact is to do a recover on the sheets that publish errors out on, and then rerun publish (doing subsequent recovers on each drawing publish errors out on each time through) until it finally makes it all the way through the entire set of drawings.

It took 6 runs through on publish a few days ago (the first time this happened this week) to get the entire set to finally publish (5 files that needed recovery in that one.. each one found 15 errors and fixed 15 errors). Today's occurrence took three runs through publish to finally get the entire set to publish (2 files that needed recovery in this one.. each one found zero errors this time).

All 8 affected files were different disciplines, different versions (and verticals) of autocad worked on them. The only constant so far is that I'm running the 2015 version of ACA

(I know I"m posting in the C3d forum, but my google search for this issue only turned up this result)

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report