Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish only prints one set of sheets when set for multiple sets

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lkirby
457 Views, 7 Replies

Publish only prints one set of sheets when set for multiple sets

I'm having an intermittent issue with my publish command.  So far the pattern seems to be on drawings with a larger number of sheets (last one was 15, this one is 7).  When I get the publish dialog box, I'll set the number of copies to however many I need but it ends up only printing one set.  It doesn't happen every time.  Just with these two drawings so far.  They have nothing to do with each other and haven't shared any data.  The only similiarity is that they're both older projects that were started some years ago on previous CAD versions.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mathewkol
in reply to: lkirby

I'm not certain what the problem is but I can offer a possible workaround. Publish to DWF and then print that, specifying the number of copies.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 8
Joe-Bouza

To Add to Matt's advice, going to dwf or pdf first, will not tie up the plotter as long, spooling

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
lkirby
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I've done that when I'm ready for a final set but I try not to make too many pdf's of "in-progress" dwg's for the sake of not having a bunch of unfinished versions floating around but it will definitely save me some time on the larger-sheet dwg's.  

After posting this, I'm pretty sure it's a legacy thing having to do with my old projects.  It seems like I've only had this issue on dwg's that were created many years ago for ongoing projects or at the very least, old dwg's that have been imported into newer templates.  I don't believe it's happend with completely current projects.

Thanks for the responses! 

Message 5 of 8
Joe-Bouza

No need to plot to the pdf to the project folder. I set publishcolate to 1 and send it to a bit buket on my desktop.
I'm glad to see you are finding a correlation to older drawing.

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
lkirby
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

That's a good idea.  I'm always such a data-hoarder it never occurs to me to make a temp folder for things.  

We have a handful of projects that were started 5-10 years ago on various ACAD versions and at one time they used Eagle Point so there's a whole mess of old junk floating around in some dwg's.  Hopefully those will make their way out of the system soon now that things are picking up again.

Message 7 of 8
Joe-Bouza

....now that things are picking up again.

Thats the best news I've heard all year <G>

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
lkirby

Amen!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report