Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Palette Issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kpiver
845 Views, 7 Replies

Properties Palette Issue

I have searched the board and can't find anything to assist with this issue so I am posting a question.

First, I am running Windows 7 64 bit with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Version 2 64 bit.

When I select lines or polylines and go to the properties pallette to edit their properties, it does not show them in the properties pallette. It shows "no selection". However, I can select text and points to edit their properties.

So, I can't edit line or polyline propeties through the Properties Pallette but I can edit text, mtext and cogo points.

Can somebody help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SethHall
in reply to: kpiver

Hi Kevin-

I personally have never seen this issue, and testing on my machine revealed the correct results, as I was able to see the polyline information in the properties palette. Being that this is core AutoCAD functionality I would suggest posting this in the AutoCAD forums as someone may have experienced this issue, and may have a better solution.

That being said the first thing I would check is have another user log onto your machine and see if they can reproduce the issue. If they can't then it may be due to your user profile. You can reset this by following these instructions: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14929107

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 8
klugb

Kevin,

I have seen this myself but can't figure out what the sequence is to re-create it at-will. When it happens I can still use the select objects from the properties window and select the object (even though it's already highlighted) to still use the properties box to make edits. If I can nail down the sequence I will post it and turn in a support request.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 4 of 8
gritchie

Kevin,

We have 2 installs of ACAD 2011 Civil 3D and 1 install of plain ACAD 2011, all behaving the same as you describe.  However, our OS is Windows XP.  We were thinking it might be the OS, but with you having the same problem I guess that may not be the case.  I tend to blame the video card(s), nVidia but no proof of that.

Have you found a solution?

Glen

Message 5 of 8
phiking

I too am using windows 7 professional 64 bit with AutoCAD MEP 2011 service pack 2 and have the exact same issue with the properties palette I pick or double click an item and it shows me what it is at the top but there is no editing data the properties palette is blank.

Message 6 of 8
jmatte2004
in reply to: phiking

i have the same problem if anyone has a solution yet please let me know what it is. i re-installed civil 3d and that seemed to fix it but now its back to the old ways.

jason

Message 7 of 8
DaveDrahn
in reply to: jmatte2004

The only thing I've seen on this is that an app installation or a registry cleaner run has wrecked something in CADs display of the prop palette. The easiest solution was to do a Repair (through control panel) and 'repair registry' when prompted for an option.
Message 8 of 8
jmatte2004

will keep that in mind thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report