AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
nloder
Message 1 of 4 (760 Views)

Projecting Civil 3d COGO Points to Profile - Style

760 Views, 3 Replies
05-17-2012 01:53 PM

I have projected Civil 3D COGO Points projected to a profile.  I simply want to display the Civil 3D Point Number for each point in the profile. 

In the Profile Projection Label Style, the only field in the text editor that displays this point number is the "Source Object Name.  This shows up as "CogoPoint 124" for point 124 (see attached).  How do I make this simply say the point number ONLY, i.e. "124"?

It would be nice to program the label style to display this field, yet delete the first 10 characters of "CogoPoint x", so it only says the point number, "x"

Valued Mentor
owenmull
Message 2 of 4 (751 Views)

Re: Projecting Civil 3d COGO Points to Profile - Style

05-17-2012 02:45 PM in reply to: nloder

Edit the contents of the profile label style, located under the Layout Tab within the Style Editor.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit
NVidia Quadro K3000M Dual Monitor
32.0 GB RAM
Intel Core i7-3820QM @ 2.70 GHz
Civil 3D 2013 SP 2
Message 3 of 4 (740 Views)

05-17-2012 03:46 PM in reply to: nloder

The only way I'm seeing to do this is to place the point number in the point description and use the description property in the label.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Active Contributor
nloder
Message 4 of 4 (718 Views)

05-18-2012 04:38 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

That is what I am beginning to think.  It is odd that the profile projection label style doesn't let you tailor the field, or at least provide the point number when it allows you to provide the point description.  Thanks for the responses.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs