C3D 20010, SP1
3G RAM
XP PRO, SP2
Distinguished Contributor
itr0045
Message 2 of 4 (388 Views)

Re: Project to Profile View

08-19-2009 12:10 PM in reply to: *John
Use a pipe network to do this, and create a profile view style for said network that shows a pipe crossing in your profile view. This will allow for alot more freedom and allow you to label the specifics on these crossings for example.
Valued Mentor
hardin
Message 3 of 4 (381 Views)

09-28-2010 03:23 PM in reply to: *John

I'm wanting to do the same as John. With C3D's new projection capabilities, I'd think it would be possible to show a feature line crossing an alignment in profile. In my profile view, I want to show where roads, fences, utilities, etc. cross my alignments. I don't want the whole fenceline showing up. I don't want to have to create a pipe network out of 20 things.

Any tips out there? I'm using 2011. It really doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Lyle

danieldrennen5223
Message 4 of 4 (314 Views)

11-01-2010 08:50 AM in reply to: hardin

I would also like to project feature line and alignment crossing in my profile view.  Unfortunately, I don't think this option is available. 

I think you can project these crossing on section views, but not profile views.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs