Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project to Profile View

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
707 Views, 4 Replies

Project to Profile View

Can I have a feature line with elevations and show only a marker where it
crosses a profile view? I see that I can show the entire feature line
profile and vertices with markers, but I only want to see a marker where the
feature line crosses my profile view alignment. I would like to use this
for misc. utility crossings.

Thanks-

--
John
C3D 20010, SP1
3G RAM
XP PRO, SP2
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
itr0045
in reply to: Anonymous

Use a pipe network to do this, and create a profile view style for said network that shows a pipe crossing in your profile view. This will allow for alot more freedom and allow you to label the specifics on these crossings for example.
Message 3 of 5
LyleHardin
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm wanting to do the same as John. With C3D's new projection capabilities, I'd think it would be possible to show a feature line crossing an alignment in profile. In my profile view, I want to show where roads, fences, utilities, etc. cross my alignments. I don't want the whole fenceline showing up. I don't want to have to create a pipe network out of 20 things.

Any tips out there? I'm using 2011. It really doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Lyle

Message 4 of 5

I would also like to project feature line and alignment crossing in my profile view.  Unfortunately, I don't think this option is available. 

I think you can project these crossing on section views, but not profile views.

Message 5 of 5

Has anyone figured out how to solve this? Show a feature line as a Label/Marker in a profile view where it crosses an alignment?

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report