Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project specific Feature Lines to x-sects

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
randyowens3203
1646 Views, 6 Replies

Project specific Feature Lines to x-sects

I'm using feature lines created from utilities line work to label utility locations on section views. To avoid selecting each individual section view, I'm using Profile & Section Views, Section views, Project Objects To Multiple Section Views. This works great. Labels are placed on the Sections Views all at once, just requiring a little clean up of label locations. However, there are feature lines for other purposes in the drawing, and these are all labeled at the same time. Does anyone know a way to select which feature lines will be projected? I've been erasing the extra labels, which is still faster then placing one label at a time per section view.

Randy A. Owens
Southland Engineering, Inc.
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: randyowens3203

Randy, objects on frozen layers are not projected.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: randyowens3203

This has been bugging me today as well - freezing my featurelines layer didn't show anything due to Style considerations so I eventually changed the layer that the feature line(s) were on and then projected and this worked well.

Another limitation of C3D I'm afraid - a very obvious requirement that takes many steps to accomplish...

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 7

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Randy A. Owens
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
Message 5 of 7

I am a fan of conditional sub-assemblies.  Most of our projects are road rehab, and we encounter existing utilities often.  My assembly includes a conditional horizontal target subassembly, that I'v attached a LinkOffsetAndElevation sub-assembly to that has an Ex. Water Line style assigned.  You could create any number of these for different types of feature lines you have in your drawing and then use them as targets.  If the target is NOT found, the link doesn't appear in the cross section.  I place my feature lines on separate layers for each utility, and select them "By Layer".  Makes targeting pretty easy.  I've inlcuded a copy of our "Master" subassembly drawing which has a few generic assemblies that you can look at to get the idea. These are in 2012.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 6 of 7

Unfortunately, I'm still running 2011 and can't open your drawing. Sounds like a great idea, though. Thanks.

Randy A. Owens
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
Message 7 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Many thanks for the idea and example Lisa.

Be well!

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report