Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project one feature line to section group or profile?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
iflorintheo
2079 Views, 4 Replies

Project one feature line to section group or profile?

Is there a way to project just one feature line (or anything appropiate...polyline, 3d poly etc)

into the sections group or profiles ?

The thing is that Projection tool, labels everything that's a Block, Point, 3d poly ...etc to the sections group.

And it puts all labels in the same layer.

My project theme requires to project forest limit on every section. This is appearing on the survey as a polyline along the road.

Civil Engineer / Infrastructure of metropolitan transports
http://civil3design.wordpress.com/
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Absolutely you can. I use polylines for horizontal only type features and feature lines for objects that require Z values, existing water lines, etc.  I've attached a copy of our "master" assembly in C3D 2012 format, you don't say which version you're using. It's always helpful if you include that information in your post or signature.

Don't let this assy confuse you, it takes into account about 98% of the scenarios we use.  The coding for the waterline target in your Code Set Style for both the marker and the label will display in your section views after you assign the target in your corrodir, that's why there's a link associated with it.

HTH

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 5

I'm not that really avanced in Civil 3d.

Perhaps a little explanation or link with advanced Assemblies tutorials may help.

From what you're telling me, I can put a ROW line into an assembly and it will show in sections as a tree, fence, wall...etc ???

I'm doing all Assemblies from polylines cause country kits doesn't have situations where I work and all toolpaletes with US Assemblies are not usable. Yours, looks kind of avanced for the level I'm in.

Civil Engineer / Infrastructure of metropolitan transports
http://civil3design.wordpress.com/
Message 4 of 5

For the assembly I included, you can just remove the sub-assemblies that don't apply to the design.  Yes, you can show the ROW (or a fence line) or any other type of limit using a polyline as a target and set the code set style appropriately.  You might check out the AU Online classes & downloads, it's a free sign up.  Lots of good resources there.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 5 of 5

While it may look advanced, it's meant to cover all sorts of scenarios. The user deletes the objects he's not using and modifies the one's he is. For example, if you just want to daylight on the end of your roadway, you would remove the conditional links and the sub-assemblies that are attached to them. Another example, if you have a waterline on just one side of the road, delete the link & sub-assembly on the other side. So yes, for the ROW link, you can use a polyline and along with the code set you can have it show up in your sections. In the below example, we had a flat bottom ditch on both sides of the roadway, and we used a polyline for the plowed field instead of a ROW line, that all happened in the code set. [cid:image001.png@01CD8692.43E264B0]

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report