Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project a Part (Pipe) on Section View

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tonykhoury
2024 Views, 3 Replies

Project a Part (Pipe) on Section View

Hello, 
I have a pipe running parallel with a sample section.
There is a way to project that tipe on the section eventhough the pipe doesnt cross the section  ?

I did it on the profile view, by selecting the profile view, the i used the project part command. I can't find a way to do it on the section view.

Thank you  

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: tonykhoury

@tonykhoury wrote:
I did it on the profile view, by selecting the profile view, the i used the project part command. I can't find a way to do it on the section view.

Pipe Network Parts can't be projected in Profile or Section View, in Profile, I'm guessing you used the "Draw Parts in Profile" option.

• You'll need a sample line at the pipe location.
  • Then the Pipe Network needs to either exist in the cross section dwg or be data referenced into it.
  • Sample Line Group Properties > Sections tab > Sample More Sources > Add the Pipe Network here and now it should display in section view, provided it crosses a sample line.

From the Help: Only the pipe network parts that cross the sample line are displayed in the section view. 

Also From the Help: Pipe networks have a separate procedure for projection into profile views. See Displaying Pipe Networks in Profile Views and Displaying Pipe Networks in Section Views. 

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
tonykhoury
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,
I posted this question before and i didnt get a good answer. Can you please help ?
"

Hello,
I am having hard time to find a label table for the profile similar to the aligment label tablel. Does it exsit ? "
I want a dynamic table and not a table generated from the report, something like the table for the alignment . 

Message 4 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: tonykhoury

I'm not aware of any option to create a "Profile Table" similar to an alignment table which will remain dynamic to changes to a profile.

The only options that I'm aware of are the information available in the Toolbox reports and the Profile Geometry Editor.

This information can be savead as xls (reports) or copy/pasted to Excel (from within the pfl geo editor) but it's not dynamic.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report