AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
pocketmerlin
Message 1 of 4 (419 Views)
Accepted Solution

Program acts funny when I close Volumes Dashboard

419 Views, 3 Replies
10-09-2013 08:57 AM

Whenever I open the Volumes Dashboard in a drawing and then close it, my cursor and my WCS compass start blinking erratically, and the program seems more apt to freeze up when I try to do other things from that point on, especially if I try to move to a drawing in another tab. If I bring back the volumes dashboard, it's fine again, but then I've got the annoying outlining of my volume surfaces that I don't want. Anyone know how to handle this? Is it just an unavoidable glitch in the program?

(I'm using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014.)

*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 2 of 4 (412 Views)

Re: Program acts funny when I close Volumes Dashboard

10-09-2013 10:06 AM in reply to: pocketmerlin

Have you tried a "Repair of your Installation"?

Bill

Mentor
david.zavislan
Message 3 of 4 (385 Views)

10-10-2013 08:29 AM in reply to: pocketmerlin

You have to dismiss the dashboard by clicking the green check button.  If you close the Panorama window, by clicking on the x button, with the Volume Dashboard vista still active, your display will flicker.  This occurs because it is still trying to highlight the selected volume surface.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Distinguished Contributor
pocketmerlin
Message 4 of 4 (371 Views)

10-10-2013 11:52 AM in reply to: david.zavislan

Awesome, thank you, David. Strange design though.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs