Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Not Responding

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
2584 Views, 16 Replies

Program Not Responding

Civil 3d 2012

When I try to use grips to adjust a leader, program locks up (Not Responding)

I close and look for a solution and this is the problem details that I am given:

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: acad.exe

Application Version: 24.2.51.0

Application Timestamp: 4d4b756f

Hang Signature: 58c2

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 58c223b5445486c28406f71c7d0cd921

Additional Hang Signature 2: ad97

Additional Hang Signature 3: ad97c44ecdcf8a6ea3d105cf34f35df9

Additional Hang Signature 4: 58c2

Additional Hang Signature 5: 58c223b5445486c28406f71c7d0cd921

Additional Hang Signature 6: ad97

Additional Hang Signature 7: ad97c44ecdcf8a6ea3d105cf34f35df9

Anyone got any ideas.  I can't get past two or three commands.

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
GZE
Advocate
in reply to: Anonymous

What are your system specs? Try to turn off osnap during grip editing and see if you get better results.
Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: GZE

2.40 GHz dual core processor 12M, 5.86GT/s

6GB ram, 1333MHz

turned off osnaps, program still locks/hangs up.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

For some reason my AutoCad Civil 3D program keeps locking up when it can't seem to locate a font file. I don't understand since it is in my fonts and I don't understand why it won't allow me to select another font shape in order to access my drawing. I have to completely close out of the program, below is the message I get.

Loading AEC Architectural Base...

Loading AEC Structural Base...

Loading AEC Area Base...

Loading AEC Dimensions Base...

Loading AEC Schedule...

Loading AECC Hydrology...

Opening an AutoCAD 2010 format file

"dgnlstyle-tsaec.shx": Can't find file in search path:  

G:\2011\11-317\Survey\Survey Working Folder\Drawings\ (current directory)   C:\Users\jerryg\appdata\roaming\autodesk\c3d 2012\enu\support\  

C:\program files\autodesk\autocad civil 3d 2012\support\  

C:\program files\autodesk\autocad civil 3d 2012\fonts\  

C:\program files\autodesk\autocad civil 3d 2012\help\  

C:\program files\autodesk\autocad civil 3d 2012\express\  

C:\program files\autodesk\autocad civil 3d 2012\support\color\  

C:\program files\autodesk\autocad civil 3d 2012\civil\  

C:\program files\autodesk\autocad civil 3d 2012\bin\fdo\  

C:\programdata\autodesk\c3d 2012\enu\data\symbols\mvblocks\  

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\drv\  

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 17
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> since it is in my fonts

...can you give us the position of "my fonts"? Best would be a screenshot of Windows-Explorer where we can see the full directory path plus the shx-file.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

The font file is in the directory in which it is trying to find it, sorry I didn't mean that it was in a folder called "my fonts". The fonts are in location as follows, Local Disk C/Program Files/Autodesk/AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012/Fonts.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

Here is a screen shot

Autocadfonts.png

Message 8 of 17
antoniovinci

Well, don't waste your time, make a copy of the classic SIMPLEX.SHX in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\Fonts and rename it as dgnlstyle-tsaec.shx

Message 9 of 17
MarySeufert

Is this a standard font for the company you work for? If it is you need to add the font to your support files. If not, based on the name, it looks like it is a compiled shape file for use in linetypes, most likely coming from a consultant, etc. Simply creating a font named the same thing will still give you errors. You will need to dig into the origin of your files and ask whoever sent them to you to provide their custom shp file. You might already have it if they were nice in the first place and etransmitted their files with everything included. Your other option is to change the linetypes in your drawings to match AutoCAD or your company's standard linetypes.

BTW this was a new topic, and you should have started a new discussion for your problem.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 10 of 17
hgohel

@jwambsgans,

Can you reproduce the lock-up problem in multiple drawings, or only the one drawing that you're working in?  If you can reproduce with a sample drawing and provide the steps here, that would be good.  If you can reproduce only in your drawing, can you post it here, or provide it to Autodesk Subscription Support with details?  Thanks.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: hgohel

It only happens in drawings that have that font in them.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

See my post about grip editing freezing my machine. I have experienced issueds with leaders in the past, as well as with hatches.

Hatches used to kill me and my session - hung machine with no coming back if I grabbed one. This was traced to a corrupted profile (OPTIONS). 

Can you duplicate what is happening to me when I freeze the machine by grabbing AEC objects like COGO points and feature lines? When it occurs (freezes) open a WIndows Explorer window, click in the pane, do nothing but immediately go back into C3D. DOes the program then respond? Sometimes I get it back by hovering over the task bar icon when I have miltiple drawings open and clicking on a different drawing, then doing the same thing and clicking the drawing that I was working in when it froze.

release 2012 here btw.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

Hi guys....I have an acer aspire 4gb RA, with nvidia 210 card.....I was told that would be good enough for autocad civil 3d.....WELL, I now cannot open a drawing of a road design as it is not responding...I know its working....but surely my system can handle it?

Message 14 of 17
andrewpuller3811

@jwambsgans

Do you have dynamic input on?

I have found in the past that dynamic input has a huge impact on grip operation in civil 3d.

Another thing to try is to turn off any layers of alignments and surfaces if the tooltips are set to show.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Thanks, the dynamics off helped....need more RAM I believe...
Message 16 of 17
neilyj666

if you are using a 64 bit version of civil then more RAM is a good move, if you have a 32 bit version then more RAM won't make any difference.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 17 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: neilyj666

I have 64 ...just found out my comp is maxed at 4gb RAM....time for a new comp I guess.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report