Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiles Not Synchronizing upon Open

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
cfarrow
5199 Views, 24 Replies

Profiles Not Synchronizing upon Open

I have found recently that surfaces that are sampled in profile views are not synchronized when the drawing is opened. This is incredibly frustrating when I'm just opening a file to plot a new copy. If I forget to resynchronize the drawing, the sampled profiles will not plot.

Is there a system variable I might try to toggle?

Clayton Farrow
Civil 3D 2017
Windows 7 Professional
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
socaldoty
in reply to: lauraford5837

We are having this problem also.  We are running 2013 and have found the problem occurs in both SP1 and SP2.

The issue happens when you d'ref the alignment into the profile file.  If the alignemnt is in the same file as the profile there is no issue.

We are designing a storm drain line and have created two surfaces (proposed and existing).  There is no pipe network as mentioned in previous posts. We moved the alignment and the surfaces did not change even after we forced the synch of the alignment.  That is how we discovered the problem. As previously mentioned we forced the surface to go static then back to dynamic and it works.

Mark Doty

RBF Consulting

Message 22 of 25
dkaven
in reply to: socaldoty

Hello,

I'm have the same problem with some of the profiles in my dwg. The dwg with the problem is a sanitary sewer dwg and I've pin pointed it to the stm dwg file that is xfer'ed into the sanitary dwg. When the stm dwg is unloaded...all is good, no need to sync the surface that is associated with the profile after opening the drawing.

Please let me know if you some ideas.

Thanks,

Danny

Thanks,
Danny Kaven
Message 23 of 25
Jay_B
in reply to: dkaven

@dkaven wrote:

Hello,

The dwg with the problem is a sanitary sewer dwg and I've pin pointed it to the stm dwg file that is xfer'ed into the sanitary dwg. When the stm dwg is unloaded...all is good,  

Are there Pipe Networks which are also Data Referenced into this drawing and the PN source drawings are also attached as Xref's and loaded?

As long as the PN Source dwg is unloaded or detached as you mention things work ok but when the Same Pipe Network is Dref'd and it's source is attached as an Xref that's where the problem comes in.

This workflow has been an issue for several releases now for whatever reason.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 24 of 25
dkaven
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,

Yes, this is what I have PN dref'ed and the source dwg for the PN xref'ed. The only reason for doing this...xref'ing the PN source dwg is that when using the PN dref only my inlet block rotates differently then original defined in the PN.

So if the PN when dref’ed would come into the new dwg with the correct rotation, “without rotating my inlets and sometime changes my pipe size’s” I would not need to xref the source dwg.
Thanks,
Danny Kaven
Message 25 of 25
joshh
in reply to: cfarrow

I was having this same issue and was able to finally resolve it. I think someone up there already said something to this effect, but I'll vouch for it...

It seems to happen when I have the same file X-REF'd and D-REF'd into a drawing.

In this particular instance, I was D-REFing a Storm Line in as well as X-REFing the original file the Storm Line was located in. Once I detached the X-REF, the surfaces synched themselves upon opening the drawing. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report