Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiles - Imperial

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
160 Views, 3 Replies

Profiles - Imperial

I am doing real well in having a style for my roadway profiles, however I cannot get Sta 0+00 to show final grade in my profile band at this station. It doesn't show the original ground either, but I can live without that. At first I thought I might be a "tad" off from Sta 0+00, but re-entering the station number as 0.00 in the "Profile Grid View" did not help. If anyone has an answer, would certainly appreciate it. Bill
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Bill, With the current product, you cannot do what you are requesting. However, we are adding the ability to add extra grids on the left and right side of the profile view extents (gap). If you add that to your style, you will get annotation at the beginning or end. We could also look into another option for addign the first and last stations, if the extra grid lines are not specified. Daniel Philbrick Autodesk, Inc "wfb" wrote in message news:41cadfab_1@newsprd01... > I am doing real well in having a style for my roadway profiles, however I > cannot get Sta 0+00 to show final grade in my profile band at this station. > It doesn't show the original ground either, but I can live without that. At > first I thought I might be a "tad" off from Sta 0+00, but re-entering the > station number as 0.00 in the "Profile Grid View" did not help. > > If anyone has an answer, would certainly appreciate it. > > Bill > > > > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Dan I appreciate the info, since I have spent too much time trying to determine what I was doing wrong. Bill "Daniel Philbrick" wrote in message news:41cb1cec$1_1@newsprd01... > Bill, > > > With the current product, you cannot do what you are requesting. However, > we are adding the ability to add extra grids on the left and right side of > the profile view extents (gap). If you add that to your style, you will get > annotation at the beginning or end. > > We could also look into another option for addign the first and last > stations, if the extra grid lines are not specified. > > Daniel Philbrick > Autodesk, Inc > > > "wfb" wrote in message news:41cadfab_1@newsprd01... > > I am doing real well in having a style for my roadway profiles, however I > > cannot get Sta 0+00 to show final grade in my profile band at this > station. > > It doesn't show the original ground either, but I can live without that. > At > > first I thought I might be a "tad" off from Sta 0+00, but re-entering the > > station number as 0.00 in the "Profile Grid View" did not help. > > > > If anyone has an answer, would certainly appreciate it. > > > > Bill > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hey Daniel; Would an acceptable Work-Around be to add 100 feet or so past the Beginning and Ending stations of the corridor, as a "dummy" portion of the alignment? I'm finding more firms (read agencies) want to see the effect of the proposed grade on the existing ground any way. -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "wfb" wrote in message news:41cb5566_3@newsprd01... > Thanks Dan > > I appreciate the info, since I have spent too much time trying to determine > what I was doing wrong. > > Bill > > "Daniel Philbrick" wrote in message > news:41cb1cec$1_1@newsprd01... > > Bill, > > > > > > With the current product, you cannot do what you are requesting. However, > > we are adding the ability to add extra grids on the left and right side of > > the profile view extents (gap). If you add that to your style, you will > get > > annotation at the beginning or end. > > > > We could also look into another option for addign the first and last > > stations, if the extra grid lines are not specified. > > > > Daniel Philbrick > > Autodesk, Inc > > > > > > "wfb" wrote in message > news:41cadfab_1@newsprd01... > > > I am doing real well in having a style for my roadway profiles, however > I > > > cannot get Sta 0+00 to show final grade in my profile band at this > > station. > > > It doesn't show the original ground either, but I can live without that. > > At > > > first I thought I might be a "tad" off from Sta 0+00, but re-entering > the > > > station number as 0.00 in the "Profile Grid View" did not help. > > > > > > If anyone has an answer, would certainly appreciate it. > > > > > > Bill > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report