Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile vertical scale

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mcgill
348 Views, 4 Replies

Profile vertical scale

I have a project that was archived to a CD. It was created with LDD 3 which is my current version.
I copied the project back to my computer and it contains 6 profiles in one dwg. The profiles are recognized with the proper alignments but while the horizontal scale references the proper stationing, the vertical scale is off by a really odd factor.
I turned on ATTDISP and the definition block contains the proper information.I also 'defined' the profile according to the help menu.
The problem is the same for all profiles.
It will be a lot of work to re-create these profiles so I was hoping someone could provide a possible fix.
Great group with a lot of valuable information!
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgill

Hi, Have you looked at the Drawing setup ? If you have the whole Land Desktop project, reproducing a profile is only a matter of 2 menu picks. One to Create the full profile One to import the design surface. If there are any hand annotations, then they will have to be moved, but I would expect to do the whole thing quicker than the time it takes to write the query to the NG. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "mcgill" wrote in message news:7797093.1079732287476.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have a project that was archived to a CD. It was created with LDD 3 which is my current version. > I copied the project back to my computer and it contains 6 profiles in one dwg. The profiles are recognized with the proper alignments but while the horizontal scale references the proper stationing, the vertical scale is off by a really odd factor. > I turned on ATTDISP and the definition block contains the proper information.I also 'defined' the profile according to the help menu. > The problem is the same for all profiles. > It will be a lot of work to re-create these profiles so I was hoping someone could provide a possible fix. > Great group with a lot of valuable information! > Thanks
Message 3 of 5
mcgill

Laurie
Thanks for your reply.
I have checked the Drawing setup and all appears to be in order. In addition I have also 'restored' several other projects that have similar problems with the vertical scale.

While it may be only 2 menu picks to recreate the profiles and then copy the numerous annotations I am concerned about why such a situation should arise in the first place.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Wayne
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Wayne, No suggestions at all. The time to work out what went wrong on a computer in the USA would be far more than the time for redrawing the whole drawing. I would never even try. I treat Land Desktop a bit like an axe. I swing it and watch where it hits. If it's right I keep going. If it's not I assume I was the idiot and swing again till I get it right. It's inevitably quicker than trying to devise what the software and drawing history combinations which caused the problem are. Can anyone remember the last 5 commands they did before a computer crash to try and reproduce it ? The Land Desktop data base is far more important than a drawing. I'm not the slightest bit concerned about erasing drawing data that's available to me in the Land Desktop database. One thing I have noted it that the simpler the computer system and the less software which is running simultaneously the less likelihood there is of unexplained errors. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "mcgill" wrote in message news:16374523.1079746014535.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Laurie > Thanks for your reply. > I have checked the Drawing setup and all appears to be in order. In addition I have also 'restored' several other projects that have similar problems with the vertical scale. > > While it may be only 2 menu picks to recreate the profiles and then copy the numerous annotations I am concerned about why such a situation should arise in the first place. > > Any suggestions? > > Regards > Wayne
Message 5 of 5
mcgill

Some further information.
Copied other projects from the same CD and another that was created at a later date.
Checked files to confirm they did not retain read only status from the CD transfer.
Query profiles in other projects and the elevations are off by a strange factor.
Undefine profile and then re-define, information in the definition block is correct.
Grid elevations are now consistently 0.63 higher , this occurs in each project. All projects are in metric units. When checking FG tangents correct information returns. Try to draw a new tangent and elevations are off by the 0.63 elevation difference.
Undefine the profile , erase all entities , re-sample , create full profile and all is well.
I can see this happening for one project but it is too strange to be occuring consistently.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Laurie , I have swung the axe on this problem and fear the next blow should be aimed at myself.
This has been a strange weekend.
Wayne

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report