Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile split to 2 shts as does one of the tangents. Slope label on BOTH sheets?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
doni49
952 Views, 9 Replies

Profile split to 2 shts as does one of the tangents. Slope label on BOTH sheets?

I'm working on a project that has P&P sheets created using the C3D Plan Production tool.  The profile is spread across two sheets.  There is a tangent that crosses from one sheet to he next.

How can I get the tangent's slope labeled on both (short of placing text -- I'd like to keep it dynamic).  C3D only put the label on the second sheet.  But there is nearly 500 feet of the tangent on the first sheet.

TIA!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sboon
in reply to: doni49

Start with a construction line, from Anchor Tangent Start In View to Anchor Tangent End In View.  Make this line invisible but use its midpoint as the anchor for your text.  Note - this style will solve your current problem but if you use it with a split profile view it won't work.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 10
doni49
in reply to: sboon

Thanks Steve.  I'll have a look at that.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Doni, there's one in the attached template for split profiles. See if that works for you. Jeez, I can't believe we still can't attach template files. It's zipped.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Can't you make two labels, and move manualy one of it. They have to remain dynamic.

Message 6 of 10
aecoursen

I think you can use the Anchor Tangent Start in View anchor point.  Repeat with the Tangent End.  There is a similar command if your vertical curve label goes thru a match line as well.

6-16-2014 11-56-41 AM.png

Andrew Coursen PE & LS
v2014/64bit
Message 7 of 10
doni49
in reply to: sboon

Thanks everyone.  But those solutions bring along their own set of issues.  Oh well. 

Don Ireland

Message 8 of 10
Jay_B

Not sure what "set of issues" you're running into but we use the hidden line approach as suggested by others and it works very well.

In special cases, rather than using "text", profile view "Depth" labels can be used to add "user" grade labels to profiles.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Another solution is to place a PI on the profile tangent at the split point. You can nowl label both sections of the now split profile tangent quickly and correctly. If you make revisions to the profile later on, you have to remember that extra PI is there. I usually delete the PI before making changes, then reinsert it later to get the labeling correct again. 

Just another way to do it. 

Message 10 of 10
doni49
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure what "set of issues" you're running into but we use the hidden line approach as suggested by others and it works very well.

In special cases, rather than using "text", profile view "Depth" labels can be used to add "user" grade labels to profiles.

I don't know what I was missing (and OBVIOUSLY, I missed SOMETHING) but I just went back and tried it again and it worked without a hitch.

And for specific details as to exactly WHAT this involved (for anyone else looking to do this in the future), give this a read.

http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/2010/09/line-labels.html

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report