AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 11 of 15 (85 Views)

Re: Profile not shown properly in Xref

01-21-2014 09:06 AM in reply to: morgeny

Hi,

then open the 2011-drawing with Civil3D 2011 ... does that show all data correctly`?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Active Contributor
morgeny
Message 12 of 15 (73 Views)

01-22-2014 09:56 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The 2011 file with the profile can be opened in Civil 3D 2011 and shows everything. The profile is not visible only when this file is Xrefed by the file which was 2013 and then saved as 2011. No problem when it is Xrefed by a new 2011 file.

I have another question about Xref civil 3D surface. I used to be able to lable the surface of an Xref file, like showing spot elevation. But I did not know what I have done, but now the surface is not availble when I try to lable it. Besides, all the layers of that Xref file are gone in layer manager.

Thanks,

Xiangyu

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 13 of 15 (60 Views)

01-23-2014 10:14 AM in reply to: morgeny
Do you get the message "All Civil commands have been disabled" when you open the 2013 drawing in 2011?

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Active Contributor
morgeny
Message 14 of 15 (48 Views)

01-24-2014 09:52 AM in reply to: troma

Yes, I got the message saying Civil commands are disabled. Is that the reason why the profile does not show?

Thanks,

Xiangyu

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 15 of 15 (44 Views)

01-24-2014 10:24 AM in reply to: morgeny
I imagine this is the root of many problems. I've never tried to do much of anything (certainly not any C3D work) in a drawing with that warning, so I don't know the specifics of what may or may not be affected. For example, I wouldn't have though it would mess up your layer manager, but I guess it's possible.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs