Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile labels are not acting as ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
blakelawson
974 Views, 4 Replies

Profile labels are not acting as ?

I have created standard profile labels for our company standards, I would like them to all show up as they are seen in model space, but they appear way smaller in paper space. I can'd find where to set these labels to annotative in the settings, or don;t know if it is possible. Right now my profile view is set to 1:250 in model and paper space so I was hoping they would appear the same. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gjrcmb
in reply to: blakelawson

Quote from the following in regard to Civil 3D Label Styles:  Scaling Labels in Drawings

"Labels are scaled relative to the drawing scale in model space, and are scaled to the assigned text height in paper space" ... "as specified in the label style" ... "regardless of the viewport scale."  

Apparently C3D Label Styles are not affected by annotative text settings.  When I modified a C3D Label Style to use a non-annotative text style, the text still scaled when changing the Annotative Scale in model space.

So here is a couple suggestions to try:

1. Click on the Viewport border on your layout, open the Properties palette and make sure that the Annotative Scale and the Standard scale are both set to 1:250 to correspond with your model space setting.  After making the change, if any, use the REGENALL command.  If that did not resolve the issue, go to step 2.

2. Right click on the Layout tab, and select Page Setup Manager.  In the Page Setup Manager dialog box look at the Plot Size setting under Selected Page Setup Details.  If you are working in Metric units, the Plot Size should show dimensions in millimeters.  If not, then this may be the problem.  Modify the Page Setup and select the correct Plotter and Papersize.  Likewise if working in Imperial units, the papersize needs to be inches.

If neither one of these is not the issue, you might want to post a drawing, unless somebody else has a suggestion.

Message 3 of 5
blakelawson
in reply to: gjrcmb

Perfect thanks for that, I adjusted my page settings to metric then hit REGENALL and it worked!

Message 4 of 5
gjrcmb
in reply to: blakelawson

You're welcome.  I thought that was probably it, but you never know sometimes.

Glad that resolved the issue.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
dphan-cc
in reply to: gjrcmb

Worked like a charm, Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report