Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile band issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
novais
219 Views, 2 Replies

Profile band issue

Hello,

Something weird is happening in a profile i'm producing:

When i measure on autocad my profile elevation, in a station wich hits a vertical curve, it gives me a value slightly different from the value written in the profile band.

This only happens on all vertical curves, the grades are correct.

Can it be a vertical curve type difference between the band and the profile creation? never happened to me...

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
novais
in reply to: novais

I've just realized that in the exported autocad file, the vertical curves are converted into polylines, for sure the little difference between what i measured and the elevation value text  is due to that reason. Big fail!

Is there a way to export the circular vertical curves as an arc (with no distortion profile scale)?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
ccoles
in reply to: novais

Have you mathematically verified the elevation along the vertical curve at that station point? I think the profile band elevation is correct on the calculated value. This is how I've always verified my vertical curve elevations between PVIs. I also noticed that Civil 3D will approximate curves on a profile with polyline segments. It would be difficult to use a smooth curve, since a circular curve with any vertical exageration would need to be drawn as elliptical. Even with no vertical exageration, I think Civil 3D just defaults to tesselating the profile curves.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report