Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile View - Tangent Grade Labels

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
5384 Views, 10 Replies

Profile View - Tangent Grade Labels

Hi All,

I've got a long alignment, which is being broken up across a series of sheets.  The problem I'm having is that the grade of each tangent between vertical curves is only being labeled once, and if it's not on the current sheet then you're SOL.  

What I would expect, is that each profile view would be labeled based on the visible start/end sections of the profiles it's displaying.  

How can I get this to label correctly without adding a PVI to the profile?  

Thanks,
Andrew

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

I would have expected that too. Were these plan production sheets? Have you tried adjusting the weed factor in label style?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Yes, plan production sheets, generated using the View Frame Groups - Create Sheets method.  I've played with the weeding factor to no avail....

This guy seems to be having the same problem: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Profile-grade-labels-disappearing-in-sheets/m-p/26499...

Message 4 of 11
Civil3DReminders

Change the anchor point of the label from the midpoint to the start or end point of the tangent. Also look at the anchor options (in view) and use a hidden line label component to get the label to be in the middle of the segment.

Christopher

http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Civil3DReminders

Fantastic - a bit confusing though, so for the sake of others, I've posted the label details here in the following images.

Essentially, the label requires a line object component to be oriented and stretched from the in-view tangent start of the in-view tangent end.  The line is made invisible, and the label position is referenced form the middle of the line.

The images attached explain the configuration.  Seems to me this should be made easier with a "Tangent In View Middle" position made available to labels.

Thanks Christopher

Message 6 of 11
klugb

Did I over simplify it?

We just "CTRL" select and copy the tangent label. We set the dragged state by default to no leader and "As composed". We then just copy to the sections of tangent that show up on sheets without a label. Done.

They also stay dynamic so if you change you grade they update and follow the profile.

Bruce

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: klugb

Hi Bruce,

That would work too - I used to be a lot more accepting of work-arounds, but there's something about making it work as intended, as a style, that seems preferential in it's purity.  Even if it takes beating my head against the wall to figure it out.  Small victories. Smiley Happy

Andrew

Message 8 of 11
Civil3DReminders

There looks like there is a problem when split profiles are encountered. The line is drawn across the split profile from start to end instead of along the tangent line.

http://content.screencast.com/users/jugglerbri/folders/Jing/media/ad033745-c3d8-4939-9153-e40b838bef...

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Civil3DReminders

Yes, yes there is a problem there.  **** - I thought I didn't have to respond to this because I wasn't using split profiles.  But of course, now I am.  

Sooooo -  Anyone have ideas on how to work around this?

Message 10 of 11
Civil3DReminders

I've got another solution that almost works, just as long as you don't show "-" in the labels that have negative slopeSmiley Surprised

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report