Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile View Elevation Labeling

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Bill_Myron
415 Views, 3 Replies

Profile View Elevation Labeling

I am attempting to create a profile view.

The grid needs to be 25m major; 5m minor for the horizontal. And 2.5m major; 0.5m minor for the vertical

Th only problem is, I only want the grid elevation labels to appear on the even elevetions not the 0.5m elevations.

Is there any way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: Bill_Myron

You can add text to the major and/or the minor and that's it. If your major is 2.5' and your minor is 0.5' and you want to label 1.0', I don't know of a way to do that.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: BrianHailey

There is one way, but it won't be automatic. Create a second PV Style (a copy of the one being used) that shows ONLY the Vertical Major Annotation, set the Major vertical grid to be 5. Add another ProfileView for the same station range and insert it on top of the first. You will likely need to adjust the elevation range manually.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 4
Bill_Myron
in reply to: Jeff_M

I was hoping that it wouldnt come down to that. O well.

I have found another work aorund using the "Station + Elevation" label. I just removed the station and adjust the text placement. Insert it right at the edge of the profile. works great, and is also dynamic!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report