Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile View/Band

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
eric_apostol
17876 Views, 15 Replies

Profile View/Band

Hi all,

I am creating a longsection and I do have a question about a settings on one of my band style.

To simplified, my task is to create a longsection of a new road. So I need to show the levels of the existing surface, proposed level and chainage/station and other road definitions.

I created the alignment per what I am instructed and then created a longsection/profile using "CREATE SURFACE PROFILE". Then I used the "PROFILE CREATION TOOL" to create my proposed level of my road.

Everything looks fine EXCEPT for my "PROFILE BAND STYLE" for the existing surface. What I want is to show the existing levels at the HORIZONTAL GEOMETRY POINTS and at the VERTICAL GEOMETRY POINT same as where the proposed level. HORIZONTAL GEOMTERY POINTS works (I checked this by turning of the other display on that band). But the VERTICAL GEOMTRY POINTS seems getting its value of all the VGP of the existing surface and not the proposed level. I just want to show the existing level at where is the low/high point of the road, start, end, and PVI of the porposed profile (hope I explain it well).

Please see the attached image. I removed the other road deifinition to make the profile simplier.

Existing surface --> DATA EGDTM

Proposed road level --> TEMP ROAD

Could anyone point me what setting/style I missed? Any suggestion or comment is much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Eric

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
eric_apostol
in reply to: eric_apostol

I forgot to attach the image.

profile band style.png

Message 3 of 16
CivilFF

Select Profile View Properties choose your Band Style and Edit Current Selection

1. Select Band Details and choose Horizontal Geometry Point and next Compose label

1.horizontal.png

2. Select Display and make Ticks at Horizontal Geometry Points and Labels at Horizontal Geometry Points visible

2.display.png

3. Select for the Profile 1: Existing Profile and for the Profile 2: Design Profile

3.bands.png

4. Finally you will get your elevations for Horizontal Geometry

4.result.png

5. Repeat this procedure for Vertical Geometry

Regards,
CivilFF
www.civilfastforward.com
Message 4 of 16
eric_apostol
in reply to: CivilFF

Thanks mate for your reply. Much appreciated.

I know what are you pointing out with your instruction and that's my procedure. And to check my style, I tried to create a new style and follow your procedure just to verify what's wrong with it. But again without luck.

I place the existing surface on PROFILE 1 & proposed on PROFILE 2 per your instruction.

Here's a snap shot on what I got:

1. This is where the VERTICAL and HORIZONTAL GEOMETRY POINTS are turned off for the DTA EGDTM (exising surface). You can see that the level are just for the regular intertal (MAJOR STATION) only. Which is by the way on every 25m.

1.png

2. This is where I turned on the HORIZONTAL POINTS for the existing surface which got the correct levels per geomtry points I selected (TANGENT-CURVE INTERSECTION and CURVE-TANGENT INTERSECTION)

2.png

3. And here's the problem when I turned on the display for the VERTICAL POINTS (I turned off the HORIZONTAL POINTS to verify it will get the levels only at points of the proposed). And I only selected the VERTICAL POINT INTERSECTION on the geometry point.

3.png

I will try to play it around to solve this as I think there should be a solution for it.

Any more comments and suggestion is all welcome.

Cheers,

Eric

Message 5 of 16
eric_apostol

Awesome! Problem solve.

I think I know where's the problem lies. I forgot not to change the PROFILE 1 on the GEOMETRY POINTS tab to my proposed profile.

4.png

And change the Profile 2 into my existing surface. And here's the resulted longsection.

5.png

Just to summarize and share what I understand from here:

PROFILE 1 --> uses the point where do you want to have labels and you can edit the GEOMETRY POINT (Vertical and Horizontal) to suit what points you wanted.

PROFILE 2 --> uses the value of the tin at the point where you specifed on PROFILE 1

I wish Autodesk renamed this Profile 1 and Profile 2 into Label Location and Profile Value or similar to make it clearly.

Hopes this will help other users having the same question/problem. And thank you to the CIVILFF in giving me an idea on using profile 1 and profile 2 seperately on the bands as before, I don't mind what's in there as I usually use same value on it. Thanks mate.

Cheers,

Eric

Message 6 of 16
mostafa-ace

Dear Friends,

Could you please help me with below prolem?

I want to create a Band of Station Number below the profile, like this:

No:1  No:2   No:3  , .....

I tried Station value, but It displays station content like 1+250.

Tnx

Message 7 of 16
mostafa-ace
in reply to: mostafa-ace

a bit help would be appreciated.

Message 8 of 16
eric_apostol

Hi,

Your question is a bit confusing but here goes.

1. If you are talking about just the band style, you can just create a BAND STYLE --> PROFILE DATA

2. Go to BAND DETAILS tab --> Major Station

3. Under contents --> on the window, Type "No: ". then use decimal format and 0 precision.

And that will do the trick.

Cheers,

Eric

band style.png

Message 9 of 16
mostafa-ace

Tnx for your consideration, but my problem is another thing. I try to describe my problem more here:

I want to assign an increasing number to each majer station. In other word, I want to create a band for piquet number for major stations, for example:

For station 0+000 ---> No. 1

Station 0+050 ----> No. 2

Station 0+100 ----> No. 3

and create a band with these number below the profil, like:

No.1    No.2      No.3   .....

Message 10 of 16
mostafa-ace

Not any idea about my case?!

I would appreciate if sb could help me.

Message 11 of 16
eric_apostol

As far as I know, this is not possible. I am thinking that you might able to do this kind of labeling using "Expressions". But, currently, this is not implemented on profile data labelling (Not sure with C3D 2013 as I am currently just using 2012 version).

Contact your reseller, as they might have answers or alternative for your problem. And if ever you got answer, please post it here so anyone who have similar problem can know. Thank you.

Cheers,

Message 12 of 16
hamid.akbari

Hi

How can I create band like this?

i mean,I want to have a row for EG elevation, one row for FG elevation,one row for cut/fill quantity,also I want to indicate a name for aech row like your picture (Design elevation & existing elevation0

Thanks

Hamid

Message 13 of 16
raptorsi

Hello,

now i have a problem like you had. I have a longsection of the road in profile. I cant get datas od existing ground, future ground and station of the each profile in longsection. I must manually write it , but i cant found out how i can do it automaticly. In red color are data that i put it there manually, but i want to do this automaticly. Can you help me in this case. I sent you a file. Regards 

Message 14 of 16
RalphBrown99

Hi CivilFF:

I am just trying to follow the steps that you posted 4 years ago and I am not getting it. What I am trying to do is to display a new band -I have already a band showing elevations at major stations- with the elevation of the Design profile at Vertical Geometry Points. What I am doing is:

Profile View Properties

Choose the proper Band Type and Select Band Style

Edit Current Selection

In Profile Data Band Style go to Band Details tab

Click in Vertical Geometry Point in the Labels and Ticks Box

(I do not click to Compose Label, it does not take me anywhere)

Go to Display Tab and Turn on Ticks at Vertical Geometry Points and Label at Vertical Geometry Labels

The values that show up in the second band are clearly not what I am expecting. 

Please let me know what I am missing

I am sending the file itself so you can check

Rafael Moreno 

Message 15 of 16
dawood.khan
in reply to: raptorsi

bro  i have same problem please  some body help us ......

Message 16 of 16
parteekwitt

Could you please help me to change the thickness of gridlines, please? 
You can see the gridlines are too thick when plotted them out. 

Thanks in advance. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report