Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile VIEW UCS Options?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Terrain_IaPLS
176 Views, 0 Replies

Profile VIEW UCS Options?

Still using CIvil3D 2005, and have question regarding the option to have a "Profile View" rotated other than based on the X axis (or World for simplicity). Simple rotate of the Profile say ±90° does nothing, so thought to use a cheat from LDDT days of creating a Dview UCS (twist the view and create UCS), then using that UCS for specific profile & edit needs to still have a "smart" LDDT profile. Back from Softdesk days.

With Civil3D, No result. The profiles Geom. text parts are tricked, but not the Profile/Grid/Sta. Only Geom. Text and the Elev. side. I toggle UCS back to world, they snap right w/ W.
So, seams to me that when the Profile View is created, there MUST be something governing its respect to World, or option
to Change?

Currious if we're missing a way to define the Profile Views X-Y base with regard to STA/ELV reference, or define a UCS for the Profile View creation, or ??? regarding the Rotation of a profile. Maybe any insite to this option in current 2006 ??

Greatly apprecate!
Geoff T.
Black Hawk Co., Ia.
Geoff T.

Xi Computer CM-MasterCase Pro 5 tower case (Win10 O.S.)
Ten Core i9-7900X @ 3.3/4.5GHz Sealed Water Cooled
w/ Asus PRIME X299-A mobo
32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz RAM
SSD Samsung 850 EVO H.D.
Nvidia Quadro P2000 (span2) + 2000
3 ViewSonic VG2436wm-LED displays

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report