Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Station Labels Issue in Sheet Viewport

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JOVO85
1011 Views, 2 Replies

Profile Station Labels Issue in Sheet Viewport

Hello friends,

I'm learning to make full use of the plan production tools in C3d but I am running into some issues. When I create my sheets I can't get the profile viewport to display to my liking.Ideally I would like my profile viewport to include my station labels on the data band, along with a "buffer" along top and sided so my grid doesn't run into the edges of my viewport.

Basically I'd like my entire profile view for each sheet to fit nicely and entirely in my viewport. If you look at the attached picture you will see that my viewport clips my profile view on top and bottom. What's weird is that the bottom looks like it's clipped at the bottom of the data grid, which in turn excludes my station labels. Anyone have any ideas?

Profile VP Display.JPG

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: JOVO85

If you look in the default template, there are bands called "Empty Band - Top" and "Empty Band - Bottom". There are used to "Buffer" the profile view so that the entire view will display in the viewport. To control the buffer, change the Layout elements to the desired info. The band height will buffer the top/bottom and the Text Box Width will buffer the left/right. I would set one of them to display the text box on the right and the other on the left.

http://screencast.com/t/ffPBPMulM 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
dgordon
in reply to: JOVO85

There is currently no way to control the datum of the resulting profile views during plan production processing.

once the view is created you need to go back into the profile view properties and assign the top and bottom elevations of your profile view.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report