Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Line and Band Text shift in Viewport

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
autodesk
6661 Views, 22 Replies

Profile Line and Band Text shift in Viewport

We are using Civil 3D 2010, Version 4.1 and it is being used on both WinXP and Win7.

This is an issue that has been coming up at different times with profile views and them shifting when viewed from our viewports in our layout tab.  It looks correct in the model space.  But it shifts to the right 10' in the layout tab.  We have 7 tabs in this drawing.  I have looked through all of the profile view settings and it does not seem like any of these are the issue.  I created a new viewport in the same tab and received the same shift to the right.  I then created a new tab in the same drawing (not copied from the one that has the issue), created a new viewport, and the shift is not there.  The PSLTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, and LTSCALE are all set to 1 in all of th tabs.

Woudl there be a layout tab setting that is causing this?  Or does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions?  This is happening on all of our machines with this drawing so I know it is not a specific user/machine issue.  I have attached a .pdf showing the three cases described above if that were to provide any additional insight for anyone.

Thanks,

Andrew Roberts

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23

I have seen this issue for years now.  We have found that while in the viewport type in the REGEN or RE command.  This usually fixes the shifting issue.  If you are in paperspace and use the REGEN or REGENALL commands the shifting will occur.  Aswell if you are in the viewport and use the REGENALL command this will cause the shifting.  so the best fix so far is REGEN or RE while in the viewport.  You can have multiple viewports in a drawing just remember that if one of your viewports has a profile in it you need to just regen each viewport indiviually instead of doing a  REGENALL for the entire drawing. hopefully there will be a fix for this glitch soon.

Message 22 of 23

You are correct that a regen usually fixes the issue, but we print most all our plan sets from SSM, so the regen doesn't happen.

A user would have to remember to open the problem sheet individually, regen, and then print.

It's a workaround, but not a good solution.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 23 of 23
liam.mulcahy
in reply to: autodesk

I just experienced this in version 2022 !

Drawing with two different scaled viewports on a profile - the profile shifted on the smaller scale. 

Can confirm that CADmgrMike's workaround fixed this, however - come on Autodesk!

Cheers Liam 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report