Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Layout Tools - grayed out

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
rkmcswain
26957 Views, 28 Replies

Profile Layout Tools - grayed out

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
rkmcswain
in reply to: abdelrahman0150

abdelrahman0150 wrote:

it's still happening to me 2018

what is the solution 

The solution is to save all of your open drawings, shut down C3D, and restart it. Then hope it works for a while. Who pays for productivity lost while you do this? You do.

After a dozen years, I think this means it's no longer a bug, but a "feature" instead. They should just add it to the documentation at this point.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 22 of 29
damacylo
in reply to: abdelrahman0150

Me too
Daniel Avila
Hydraulic Eng.
Message 23 of 29
wfberry
in reply to: damacylo

Try changing from Model Space to Paper Space and back to Model Space.

Bill

Message 24 of 29
jameshitt
in reply to: rkmcswain

"After a dozen years, I think this means it's no longer a bug, but a "feature" instead. They should just add it to the documentation at this point."

Oh man, that was a good one. It would show a little more integrity if they did that.

FWIW, still happening in 2019, but not a catastrophic failure. The old save-close-reopen seems to do the trick. (But it alarms the newbies into thinking there is something more seriously wrong with the program, or worse that there is something they are doing wrong, and the whole learning/training process gets a little setback.)

Message 25 of 29
ceethreedee.com
in reply to: jameshitt

Actually one more weird way you can get it to work,, since 2019 version anyway is, hit ESC select another design profile HIT ESC then select the profile you were editing, (That's if any of it exists!) ... but yeah its come back pretty quickly after a few edits.. S.C.O is the best way to go... add it to the ever growing cumulative #AutocadBugCreep 

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 26 of 29
drenaud

still an issue in 2021. save/close/open still solves it

Message 27 of 29
egallagherYD9YR

Still having this issue in 2021 - save and closed 3 times, performed an audit, still not working 😑

Message 28 of 29
michele.prono

I still have this issue in release 2022, this is not a sign of quality products, Autodesk! Every day I lose hours after all this annoying bugs. Just changing the software icon on the desktop is not a sign of quality and updated tool, give something that doesn't make us mad everyday, thanks

Message 29 of 29
Raymarcher

Greetings from 2023...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report