Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Labels trying to match

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
kmedeiros1
521 Views, 9 Replies

Profile Labels trying to match

I created three profiles of a street.  North Edge of Pavement (N-EP), Centerline (CL) and South Edge of Pavement (S-EP).  Keep in mind they are three separate profiles.  I am using CL profile as the reference profile.  The alignments of N-EP and S-EP are smaller than  CL so the profile stationing is off.  I am able to move the whole profiles to line up with each other.  Example.  CL @ station 4+00.00 = S-EP @ 1+46.09 = N-EP @ 1+50.53.  I have set up a label set along major stations on CL to show stations and elevation every 25' from CL stations 2+00 to 8+25.

My question is how can I set up the other two profiles to show every 25' so I can show the elevation at the stationing of CL.  Example: station of CL @ 4+00 has elevation of 1500.00 and the stationing of CL @ 4+25 has an elevation of 1500.50.  I want to create a label set that will show elevation of N-EP @ 1+46.09 (equal to 4+00 of CL) and @ 1+71.09.

I tried telling it to go every 25' but it goes back to the original major and minor stations of the N-EP profile.  So instead of going from 1+46.09 to 1+71.09 it goes 1+46.09 to 1+50.00 then 1+75.00.

I tried really hard not to confuse you, but I am an engineer not an English major. thanks for the patience.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: kmedeiros1

This is a drastic, unrealistic example, but is this what you're looking for?  I made both the LT and RT side profiles shorter than the center line but the 25' increments are the same as the centerline stationing (so the Centerline is the reference).

2014-05-19_10-25-56.jpg

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 10
kmedeiros1
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Thanks, but not exactly.  Here are the three Profiles The top is the Centerline, then N-EP, then S-EP, all lined up as stated in the original post.  The purple lines going through all profiles are on every 25' station of the Centerline Profile.  4+00, 4+25, 4+50 etc.

POLY LINES.jpg

I then just went to the pull down menu of profiles and clicked add profile labels.  I created my own Laby Style that would show only elevations and used the intersection onsnap to have elevations placed at the intesection of the purple lines and the profile. (see below).  This is a lengthy process, so my original question was asking how I can set up a labe style when you right click the profile and select Edit Labels.  so it will automatically do this process for me as long as i give it a starting point and ending point.  As you can see my elevations are along the purple lines that are set every 25'.  If i were to use Edit Lables they would show on all the gray lines instead.

ELEVATIONS.jpg

Message 4 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I think the only difference is that I put all my profiles on the same grid to accomplish the labeling that you're looking for.  I use the same label set for each, and I adjust the label offset from the bottom of the grid for each profile.  Mine are at 25' stations as well along the centerline.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 5 of 10
kmedeiros1

oh I see, how were you able to load them all into one profile with them being so spread out?  I usually expload everything then move them to one.  This would make my process a lot shorter as well.  This is what my finished product looks like

finished.jpg

you'll notice that the elevations for each line are set at 1560, can you even set up a profile to be stacked like that?

Message 6 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

If they're for separate alignments, you can superimpose them.  If not, you can create as many profiles on a profile view that you want.  We often do this for ditches, etc.  If you superimpose the profile, you can apply a label set to them.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 7 of 10
kmedeiros1

They are separate alignments, is there a help section on superimposing alignments?

Message 8 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Select an profile, on the context toolbar, select the superimpose tool. Select the profile you want to superimpose, then select the profile view you want to put in on.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 9 of 10
kmedeiros1

sweet that worked, well the superimposed and able to label everything worked.  The only thing is the elevations on the northside and southside are very similar so is there a way to set up the profile grid to read the way I have it in my final picture above?  or like you had in your image?  Is it a style you created?

Message 10 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Take a look at the stacked profiles options, that may give you exactly what you want.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report