Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Labeling Technique

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
artbiscocho
237 Views, 2 Replies

Profile Labeling Technique

Hi all, I am still young at civil 3d but I could do al lot of design through this Discussion Grioups and endless help from the members. Thank you so much.

Still, I need help to  label my finish profile the way my "client" and per our company standard". I am having difficulty producing the plan using civil 3d labeling. I always do it manually which is incorrect. Please help. SEE ATTACHED DWG. It is exploded for simplicity.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgordon
in reply to: artbiscocho

Art,

in order to use C3D to do a profile we generally have a group of points from a survey which creates a existing ground surface tin.   then we have an alignment which fits over top of the existing surface for say a new roadway across the property.   Then we sample a profile from the surface and add it to a profile view object which would be like the grid that you drew manually.   Once you have a profile view of an existing ground, a proposed profile of what the new road grade would be like could be drawn into the profile view using pvi's (points of vertical intersection) or there are line tools where you can draw a line at a certain grade among other things.    Once you have these things, then the C3D labels can be formatted to look like the ones in your example.    They would likely be crest and sag labels or even profile view labels for station and offset.

I don't know your company or what your trying to accomplish.  I'm only answering based on what I saw in the drawing.

What I saw in the drawing was some very basic autocad stuff, not C3D stuff.

good luck to you.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: artbiscocho

did you try editing the standard grade break style for your comapny standards? That is what your sample looks like. If you rtight click the the profile >>>edit labels you can add the types you want (edit the OOTB styles to suit your needs

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report