Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile-Labeling STATION and ELEVATION at any point along a profile

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
artbiscocho
1768 Views, 7 Replies

Profile-Labeling STATION and ELEVATION at any point along a profile

Hi, I posted similar issue earlier, but I am not sure if I explained it correctly. For clarity I drew the attached profile manually. I just want to know the steps in creating label styles as described on the attachment. In my design, I created all the line works in civil 3d 2012.

Regards and thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
troma
in reply to: artbiscocho

Go here to create the style

Pro label style.PNG

You can add the various components and set their location and rotation.  Have two text components and a line

Pro label style add component.PNG

In the text edior, you can choose what text to have.  Set up one for Station and the other for Elevation.

Pro label style choose text.PNG

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 8
artbiscocho

A lot of thanks for helping me. It works great, my only problem is I can't orient my labels along with the vertical grid lines. I tried several ways but still my labels oriented perpendicular to the profile line or curve.

Please help again.

Regards and than you!!1

Message 4 of 8
KirkNoonan

Go back to the 'General ' tab in your label style composer and change the orientation from "Object' to 'View'

Message 5 of 8
artbiscocho
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Thak you so much. It works great!!! I am so delighted to have this style.

Wish you wonderful holidays, again you the MAN!!!

Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M

Art, please be sure to go back and click the "Accept as Solution" button for each of the responses which helped get you through this. It will help future posters find answers to their own questions. Thanks!

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 8
troma
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff don't you have magical powers to do that yourself now?  Or what are expert elites even good for?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 8 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: troma

Yes, troma, I could mark a response as the solution. I would rather suggest to the OP to do so on their own, first, so next time they might do so without one of us needing to ask. As it is, they've now marked the incorrect one so I've corrected it. (They marked my first post as the solution...I changed it to yours and kirk's)

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report