AutoCAD Civil 3D General

bslagle
Message 1 of 3 (259 Views)

Profile Hatch

259 Views, 2 Replies
11-09-2012 07:29 AM

I need to hatch either the pipe or the profile where the sewer pipe is more than 5 feet deep. Would prefer the profile. Any suggestions?

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 2 of 3 (243 Views)

Re: Profile Hatch

11-09-2012 10:14 AM in reply to: bslagle

To be honest I don't think it's possible to automate that.  AFAIK C3D knows only the 'average depth' of each pipe, not the actual depth at every point along it.

Maybe someone else will prove me wrong though.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

*Pro
dgordon
Message 3 of 3 (189 Views)

Re: Profile Hatch

11-30-2012 11:14 AM in reply to: bslagle

It may not be possible to automate it, but it's possible.   trace a polyline over the existing profile and drop it down 5' in the profile view.   then trace the pipes below the 5 feet line.   form closed polygons and hatch them.

not dynamic but hey it works.  :smileywink:

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs