Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Data shift above bands in viewports

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mike
1664 Views, 6 Replies

Profile Data shift above bands in viewports

I know this has been around for a while but I haven't found a solution maybe someone has one.  I am working in Civil3d 2011 but I had this issue with 2010 and 2009

I have profiles in viewports were the data from the bands are shifting to a point above my bands.  The profiles are correct in model space but not in paperspace, when I return to a layout tab.  If I go into the viewport and regen then the data will temporarily go back to its correct location. If I switch between layouts the data shift. If I try to select the band data the pick point are above the bands, where they default to.  This affect not one band but all bands associated with that profile;elevations, stations, pipe data.  This wasn't an issue at first it just started happening to the drawing.  The drawings were fine and I plotted out a check set to review and when I go back to fix a couple of things this started happening. 

I have three profiles all set to 1:5. Two viewports are 1:500 and a third is 1:250, three different layouts.  The 1:250 profile only affect the pipe data only and not the elev or the stations data.  I have attached a screen shot showing the same profile in two viewports the left one shows the new default position of the band data and the right one is a regenerated viewport showing were the data should be.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mike

Sounds like annotation and style trouble. Make sure your model and paper space annotation scales match. It could be because you have different vp scales.

Message 3 of 7
mike
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately that is a problem because I have profiles at 1:500 and 1:250 in vp's.  My model space is set to 1:500.  You would expect that the 1:500 would be fine and the 1:250 would have issues.  They are also different profiles. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

If you have them in different layout tabs can you perhaps split into different drawing files?

Message 5 of 7
mike
in reply to: Anonymous

Douse any layout viewport with a different scale have to move?  I have vp that have different scales in different layouts for different details.  I tried moving the one layout to a different sheet set drawing so the two main profiles at 1:500 were in the main drawing and there was not difference.  This will get ridicules if I have to move all my unmatched scale layout tabs into different drawings.

Maybe one of these years Autocad fill finally fix this problem.  I have done other drawings with no issues then this issue just  pops up.  This has popped up with 2009, 2010 and 2011. There has to be some conflict somewhere in the software.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I have the exact problem regarding profile data shifting in the viewports.  However, since it looks correct in model space and plots of the CAD file look correct, this is one problem i've just ignored.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I would suggest checking drawing settings to verify they match profiles. I found that if you have different drawing settings the profile data will shift in paper space. I hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report