Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Axis

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
DONA7377
362 Views, 9 Replies

Profile Axis

Hi,

I've had a 2 year gap from any Civil 3D so please stick with me......

I've created 3 surfaces, which I have then had several alignments on them in order to create some profiles (sections). I'm begining to amend my profile style so it looks like something presentable.

The problem I'm having is that the levels shown on my axis are at very odd intervals (currently every 3.28m, so 0.00, 3.28, 6.56...etc). I cant for the life of me find the setting to change this in the profile style (if this is the right place to find it) can anyone point me in the direction so I can get my axis in a logical order?

Also, more of a minor one but is it possible to swap the axis that is shown on the right with the one on the left? The reason I ask is I have one Y axis with a 0 - 32.81 scale, which I would like on the left but (as above) with a 0-10m scale and then the more detailed axis that is currently on the left (every 3.28m) would ideally be on the right

Finally, does anyone know of any places to download decent profile styles etc. We have some but they all look quite bad for showing surface profiles (ie all geared up to show pipe networks etc) 

Hope this makes sense, any help appreciated

Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
troma
in reply to: DONA7377

3.28 is a conversion factor for feet to metres.  Make sure all your settings are metric.  Did you start with a metric template?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 10
DONA7377
in reply to: troma

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I believe so, I've checked this in the Settings and they seem to be set to metric. It is a UK template that I've edited so it should all be set up correctly

I have managed to flip my axis on the left - right around now but still the main issue that I want to amend my axis precision remains, there must be a box somewhere to set the correct increment? (as in every metre rather than showing every 3.28m)

Very confused....

Message 4 of 10
troma

Check:

UNITS

-DWGUNITS

Toolspace>Settings> Right-click on drawing name> Edit Drawing Settings>Units & Zone

Mark Green

Message 5 of 10
troma

In the Profile View Style > Vertical Axes, what is the Major tick Interval set to?

Mark Green

Message 6 of 10
DONA7377

Thanks, I've checked all of those but they are all set to meters.

My major tick is set to 1.00m and minor 0.25m

Message 7 of 10
troma

Just for fun set your major to 0.3048 and see what happens.

Mark Green

Message 8 of 10
DONA7377

I did and it just made the lines more regular, every 0.3048 but the vertical axis is labelled the same?
Message 9 of 10
troma

When you had it set to 1m did you do a DIST command on the grid?  It may label as 3.28, but what is the actual spacing?

Then set it to 0.3048 and do a DIST command again.  This is the inverse conversion factor; i.e. 3.2808x0.3048 = 1 so I was hoping that if the grid had been at 3.28m spacing this would force it to 1.0m spacing.

None of this solves the cause of the problem, but may help to find it.

Mark Green

Message 10 of 10
troma

What is the vertical exageration set to on the Graph settings?

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report