Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profil surface FG and EG -changing FG data poin on profile or profile view

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eyescast
330 Views, 2 Replies

Profil surface FG and EG -changing FG data poin on profile or profile view

Hi,

So I created a FG surface by manually creating points   over an  EG surface.

Which runaway command or runaway commands  do i use so I can use 'PSE profile station elevation transparent command so that a point on FG surface profile can be lowered or raised to look more like 1:1 slope. 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ericcollins6932
in reply to: eyescast

You can do that by inspection with a profile. Draw a design profile @ 1:1 and then determine the design elevation at the chainage requiring change.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 3 of 3
eyescast
in reply to: ericcollins6932

I'd prefer to the transparent command , I was able to trigger the transparent command by creating a point first , a runaway command, I was not able to reproduce the action, I tried going thru each option creating a point but was not able to get to the step where red target appear to guide which elevation the  small triangle should be place - parallel to elevation axis- . It seems make more sense to me create a uniform FG slope 

It is probably way faster, than going to the FG surface and adjusting the points, or maybe that's better, I'm not sure. 

Let me know anyway how to carryout the transparent command

thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report