Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production cross section not centered in vport

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Joe-Bouza
1747 Views, 8 Replies

Production cross section not centered in vport

I made a template sheet and set the vport scale, ucs world plan, and defined as cross section. The production layout on MS looks correct but this is what I am getting running the sheets. Is there another setting I may have missed?

prodeuction_section_sjheets.png

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

It might have something to do with your Group Plot Style settings under the Section View section.  I had to tweak them quite a bit to get them the way I wanted them.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Thanks, Lisa
any tips on where to begin? I'm not seeing where the group style relates the sheet positioning in the vport.

Maybe my screen grab isn't the clearest. the edges of the sreeen grab are my layout limits and two section sheets are spanning the vport. 

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 9
sboon

Check the display settings for the group plot style and turn on the major grids.  Grid spacing controls the placement of the section views within the sheet.  There's also a margin that is applied to the sheet based on the viewport size in the template drawing vs. the sheet size in the page setup.  This class from AU last year might help.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: sboon

Thanks Steve. I enjoyed your class. and will look into those settings.

I'm sorry for my crummy comunication skills. At this point my question is not the spacing on the sheet object its the position in the layout sheet being genrated by SSM. The model space sheet objects are not centering on the layout sheet?
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 9
sboon

No problem Joe, between your description and my imagination there is a solution somewhere.  If you turn on the sheet border and the print area does it show that either one matches position with the viewport, or does the viewport not fit to anything in model space?  Does the viewport scale of the template used to make these sheets match the drawing that you're working in?  Does the viewport scale match modelspace scale?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: sboon

Once again< Civil3d proves that it indeed does work 🙂

The template vport was correctly set to 30 scale but the drawing settings were set to 20 scale. I made the simple change and viola! sheets happen.

Thanks
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 8 of 9
jbanks

I have now spent almost 10 hours trying to figure this out and have pursued many various "fixes" with no results.  I have looked at banding settings, viewport settings and Group plot settings - this one has been mentioned dozens of times as the culprit but seems to only control the relationship of the cross-sections to one another and does nothing for the sheet position itself. 

I checked the scale of my templet drawing - both viewport and model space as well as the cross-section drawing itself to verify they match. 

No matter what I try, the Create Multiple Section Views places the cross-sections with the leftmost grid exactly on the viewport which cuts off the elevation text.  I even tried adding a sacrificial title to see if it would push the section over.  No luck with that either.  In general, the CMSV does not seem to consider text or annotation as part of the "section" and is based on the grid limits only.

Please help!

Message 9 of 9
heidi.schreiner

Weird potential solution: I had this same problem -- and when I went to the Plot Style>Display and turned on the grid lines, they were way offset from where the Print Area was. 

I went to the template Create Multiple Views>Production and looked at the TEMPLATE. When I opened that template, I selected the viewport and noticed that the UCS Name didn't have anything there (Previous template had "TOP" noted there). SO, I went into model space for that viewport. At the top View pulldown, I selected TOP. Saved as the exact same template. 

Fixed everything. I noticed that when I created the new sections, the page grid was in the right spot -- everything was great. I hope this helps someone else because my brain is now fried.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report