Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Exporting from Civil 3d 2014 to LT 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dimensionsdrafting
234 Views, 2 Replies

Problems Exporting from Civil 3d 2014 to LT 2014

My client is using AutoCad LT 2014 While I am using Civil 3d 2014 (soon to be 2015) Currently I use - Export - DWG - 2013 or 2010 He can open them just fine but any text that is Annotative he has to scale, rotate etc to get it to look right. Such as Contour Line numbers, Point Numbers/text and profile/section text height. One of the biggest problems has been the profiles and Sections all have multiple numbers and varying heights. Is there possibly a better way to export to LT? Thanks for any insight!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
odoshi
in reply to: dimensionsdrafting

If he needs it in different scales, you would have to be the one to export it for him.

So, export a DWG at 100 scale, and if he needs a 50 scale, flip the annotation scale to 50 and export to DWG again.

It will be a lot easier for you than for him.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 3 of 3
dimensionsdrafting
in reply to: odoshi

How about installing the Object Enabler for LT? Will that take care of annotation text? I've also tried simply turning Annotation scale of at the style level. However that seamed to make no difference. At least not on the profiles and sections. I am getting multiple numbers on the sections and profiles in Model Space. They look great in the Viewport but have 5 or 6 different Numbers all at different scales for the Stationing along the bottom and Elevations along the sides.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report