AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Message 1 of 5 (184 Views)

Problem with surface : No points listed

184 Views, 4 Replies
11-01-2012 12:13 PM

Hello,
          I'm working with Ciivil 3D 2010. I've open a drawing with an existing surface that represent final ground elevation. When I check points or points groups, nothing is listed??? It's seem that points list had dissappeared. In an other drawings, I have a similar problem : I see points of existing grounds, but I cannot see points list or use the points of what I am seeing on the screen to create a surface... Does anyone already have a similar problems??

Thanks in advance!
Sincerely!

Valued Mentor
Valued Mentor
sjg
Message 2 of 5 (172 Views)

Re: Problem with surface : No points listed

11-01-2012 12:36 PM in reply to: Alpine_Lake
Are you sure they aren't just the points generated from the surface. Check your surface style to see if Points are on.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2013
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 5 (165 Views)

11-01-2012 12:54 PM in reply to: sjg

In one case, I see that points effectively were off into surface style. Does the point list generated from the surface can be display somewhere? Thanks Steve!

In other case, I have a drawing without surface and  points list, but I see all the objects on the screen. I've posted a picture in my previous post.

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 4 of 5 (156 Views)

11-01-2012 01:25 PM in reply to: Alpine_Lake

Check the definition of the surface to see if it was actually created from points.

Allen

*Expert Elite*
Message 5 of 5 (134 Views)

11-01-2012 09:44 PM in reply to: Alpine_Lake
That looks like a surface made from LiDAR points. If so, it's highly unlikely there are points in the drawing. Look in the surface's properties dialog, definition tab. And attach a screen capture of it. I'm guessing you'll see "points from file" or something like that. If true, your points are in a text file.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs