Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with structure display in profile view (strange horizontal lines)...

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MikeKitchen5860
2583 Views, 5 Replies

Problem with structure display in profile view (strange horizontal lines)...

Attached is a picture of the problem. This is a picture in a drawing in which the pipe network is DREF'd. It also does this in the parent drawing. The magenta line at the bottom of the profile view (it extends to the left for several hundred units), when clicked, comes up as part of the structure. The style shown uses a block (basically a vertical line of arbitrary length) to get a single line for the structure. It also does this when the style is set to display as boundary (but the line is a different length). The parts used for the structures are SI with a 0 mm floor thickness setting (one is a rectangular structure, circular frame; the others are 1200 mm cylindrical no-frame).

Has anyone had this problem? Any solutions? Please advise as this is killing an incredible amount of time.

Thanks

Mike Kitchen

Civil 3D 2014 sp 1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Additional...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled C3D. I built a completely new test drawing using the default metric profile. Built a surface from points, draw a pipe network, created an alignment from it, cut a profile and created a profile view. The lines are still there. I exploded one of the structures, the lines are on the C-STM-PIPE layer. I have looked at every setting I can find.

The only thing I did was use the part builder to allow the floor thickness (Fth) to be set to 0 mm. This was previous to uninstalling and reinstalling.

Message 3 of 6

Often times I'll see issues when setting values to 0. Go back into your part builder and change the floor thickness to something very small (0.0001 for example). Perhaps that will fix it?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 6

Hi Brian,
I tried setting the thickness to a very small, non-zero number. The problem persists. I tried using other structures with other floor thicknesses, just to see if the problem persisted. Regrettably, it did. I've got tech support trying their hands at it too... Thanks for the advise though!
Message 5 of 6

As usually turns out with these things, this was due to a slightly obscure setting being turned on - in this case, energy and hydraulic grade lines on without actually having any EGLs or HGLs generated. Thanks to Jason Ferretti in Customer Support.
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the follow up Mike. You should mark that last post of your as a solution so others searching the discussion groups can see there is a solution in the thread.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report