Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with creating cross section

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mostafa-ace
1065 Views, 7 Replies

Problem with creating cross section

My firends,

After I create cross section sheets (Output---> generate cross section), the generated sections do not fit in the sheet exactly. In fact, the generated layouts do not cover the sections correctly, and some sections fall outside the created sheet.

It should be noted that I use the "ISO A1 Section 1 to 500" layout which is installed on the default pass of C3D (template folder), and the scale of "view section style" is  set to 1/500. I tried the scale of the drawing (toolspace window---> setting tab---> rigth click on the name of drawing and click edit drawing setting) with 1/500, however the problem was not solved.

Another important issue is that the section views in the "Model space" are shown correctly, but my problem is in the layout space after generating cross sections.

C3D 2012

windows Sp2

Tnx.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

You say the "sections do not fit in the sheet exactly" - what exactly is happening?

In this case a screen shot does wonders to help us help you.

Are you setting the model space annotation scale to 1:500 before creating the sections views? Having this different than the intended section view scale causes the section views to be located incorrectly. (Autodesk know about this one)

"the section views in the "Model space" are shown correctly" - Do the section views appear correctly within the view frames? If so see my comment above about annotation scale.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your attention.

This problem arouse after creating cross section sheets.

Could you describe how I can set model space annotation scale to 1:500?

Message 4 of 8

It will pay to check here before you post any more FAQ & How To: Using Autodesk Discussion Groups

re Annotation Scale

you can search here Civil 3d 2012 Online Help

I would recommend you also run through the autocad and civil 3d tutorials in the help.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 5 of 8

I searched the forum befor submitting my problem. However, I don't know what is the the problem about my topic?!

Message 6 of 8
sboon
in reply to: mostafa-ace

The first answer to your original post was a request for more information, to help us diagnose the problem and lead you to a solution.  Instead of providing this information you have asked another question about a very basic task - one which I would expect most ACad users to know, or at least be able to find out how to do.  A quick Google search for "AutoCAD set model space annotation scale" provides multiple answers.

Please don't be offended but the sheer volume of questions often means that we need to prioritize, and that we cannot spend time on the threads which aren't productive.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 8
mostafa-ace
in reply to: sboon

Thanks Steve,

I am not sure that this problem (not being fitted all sections in the created sheet) is due to the annotation scale, so I asked to show me the procedure.

Again, I would be appreciated if someone tell me how I can change annotation scale to make sure it is work about this problem or not.

Tnx

Message 8 of 8
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: mostafa-ace

Lower right hand corner is where you can set annotation scale. See pic.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report