Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Extracting Dynamic Feature lines from Corridors

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
sweeneypaul0
613 Views, 8 Replies

Problem with Extracting Dynamic Feature lines from Corridors

Hi All 

When i try to extract a feature line from a corridor using "feature lines from corridor" it is not allowing me to select any feature lines from the corridor. It is a basic assembly with basic conditional cut and Fill parameters on either side. I am following the instructions found  here in an effort to deal with bowtieing on a tight hairpin. Why can i not select the feature Lines?

Kind regards 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: sweeneypaul0

Without seeing your corridor I wil ask you to try again but before you do so take the corridor and move it to the front of the display using DrawOrder.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
sweeneypaul0
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Hi Jmayo 

Thank you for your response i have tried doing as you instructed and still no joy. It is my inderstanding  the featurelines are automatically generated along the corridor and i do not have to carry out any further process prior to the feature line from corridor command or am I missing something. Could it be an issue wih my display setttings in the corridor? 

kind regards 

Message 4 of 9
jmayo-EE

Do the feature lines display in the corridor?

Can you post the file or a small portion of the corridor?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
sweeneypaul0
in reply to: jmayo-EE

If it were up to me i would, but given my companies policy on sensitive sites i do not want to risk it.

The feature lines display on the corridor, please see attached image. The pink highlights the region without any day light that I wish to grade, just pavement with reduced frequencies. The blue lines are my target feature lines this image is obvioulsy with corridor properties open, usually the feature would display as a narrow blue line. Capture.JPG

Message 6 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Have you tried turning on selection cycling or isolating the corridor?
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 9

Hi Paul,

Have you checked if the corridor featurelines are set to be shown.  The featureline you wanted might be set to '_No Display'?  

Or maybe the layer is turned off?

Harold

Message 8 of 9

Hi All

Thanks for your responses guys it was indeed a display setting.I changed the code set to a more transparent style and am now able to select them.

Kind Regards

Message 9 of 9

I sometimes have to 'pick' a feature line several times and then return to get the dialog box to open showing the feature line options

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report