Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Civil 3d

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
solanolimon
420 Views, 19 Replies

Problem with Civil 3d

Hello, the first thing that I do not speak English and use a translator.

My problem is, when you install Civil 3D 2013 everything seems fine and everything is installed properly without errors.

When you open the program opens fine, but once I open work tapes I change screens or so, if you need him to send me a video explaining I can to see if you can help, if you need anything else ask.

PC specifications:

http://tinypic.com/r/2pory3r/6

I send you a video so you can see the problem with my computer, if you want the technical characteristics or anything missing do not hesitate to ask me, the system is 64 bit and while the program is installed on this computer.

A greeting and I hope some reply.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Hi,

as far as I understand from your video is that you change the workspace to Civil3D but the ribbons stay like that for AutoCAD-2D. So first make sure that you didn't start with the option "Civil as AutoCAD"!

If you started with the correct AutoCAD-profile (Civil3D with your country-kit or metric) then it might be that your menus are damaged. To verify that try to login with another user-name to your Windows and try Civil there again.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 20

Thanks alfred
I have only one user on the computer, and by giving me this error, format the computer and went back to reinstall it and still giving me the same problem.
The progrma to start is "AutoCAD Civil3D 2013 - Spanish Metric" but I get the same problem with the other.
A greeting and I hope to answer

Message 4 of 20

Hi,

>> format the computer and went back to reinstall it and still giving me the same problem

Wow, there must be anything real wrong with the setup as after a reinstall of Windows from scratch no predefinitions exist anymore .... instead of:

• are you running a Windows-environment with server-stored Windows-profiles?
  • you have any tools or apps on top of AutoCAD that load other CUIx files as main menu or do you have a server-based enterprise menu?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 20

I've installed the program just as it is to take a course in Civil 3D Cad, I've installed it on an old PC and it works without problems, but only has 1GB of RAM and is very slow and I want to install it on this laptop that is new and 8GB of RAM to work.

Nothing special just the environment and drivers Pc Lenovo brand.

greetings

Message 6 of 20

Hi,

just to make sure:

• you don't speak about Win8 as os?
  • you have disable any antivirus-software while installing Civil3D and while it was first started?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 20

I have not tried to install it without antivirus, but I have Win8, I attached a screenshotPc Lenovo.png

Message 8 of 20

Hi,

>> [...] but I have Win8

Ok, that seems to be the source of your problems, there are too many posts here saying Civil3D and Win8 does not work currently (with or without SP1), check >>>this<<<.

I would suggest to downgrade to Win7, then you have a stable system (well, as stable as xx13 can be 😉 ).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 20

I have no Win8, the image is that I have Win 7 home premium 64bit

Message 10 of 20

Hi,

sorry, I just read your text and haven't looked then to the picture where Win7 is stated. Sorry!

What os do you have on your 1GB-pc? If it's also Win7 you could try to copy the Civil3D-directories under your C:\User folder from the functional pc to your laptop. Make sure that you see hidden- and system-folder (and also make sure that you only copy from Win7 to Win7, that will not work from XP to Win7).

Another option (low chance, but may be it is a help) might be to follow >>>this link<<< describing the secondary installer for Civil3D2011 ==> you have to transfer the naming to Civil3D2013 (from 18.1 to 19.0)

At least I'm really surprised that this type of problem comes up after a fresh installation and without any customisation.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 11 of 20
antoniovinci
in reply to: solanolimon

solanolimon wrote:

but I have Win8 ... I have no Win8

No comment, señor...

Message 12 of 20

On the other PC I have also Win 7, the problem is that the Pc of 1 Gb is 32 Bit and 64Bit East, proves to re-install without antivirus and if does not work I tell you to try something else.
greetings

Message 13 of 20
solanolimon
in reply to: antoniovinci

I do not speak English and the translator does not translate well sometimes ...

Sorry

Message 14 of 20
troma
in reply to: solanolimon

You might get a better answer and more help in the installation forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 15 of 20
solanolimon
in reply to: troma

I uninstalled the program, I have disabled the antivirus and I've reinstalled and still the same problem ...

greetings

Message 16 of 20

Hi,

>> I uninstalled the program

A clean uninstall? So also removed all registry and c:\user parts from Civil3D? Otherwise you have your user-specified data not overwritten.

Can you try to create a new user on your laptop (having admin-permissions), then login with that Windows-account and try to start Civil3D again? That makes sure that there are no user-specified settings predefined.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 17 of 20
troma
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred makes a good point about a clean uninstall.  There are many things left behind by AutoCAD & C3D that an uninstall does not remove.  Then the setting is used again when you install again.

If there is a problem in understanding how to use C3D or there is a problem with C3D, this is the right place to come for help.  But if there is a problem installing C3D this is not the right place to ask for help.  Instead you should ask a question on the forum for installation, using the link I posted earlier.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 18 of 20

I created a new user account with administrator privileges, and I tried to do it from there and still not working ...

thanks

Message 19 of 20

Hi,

>> I created a new user account with administrator privileges, and I tried to do it from there and still not working ...

Now it gets strange. Have you downloaded the installation-media from www or have you got a DVD? Have you installed your first (1GB)-pc with the same media?

If you have not used the same media and you have downloaded it to get just the new laptop installed I would try to do a new download and try again. But after that I have no idea what happens on your system.

Sorry not to be very helpful, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 20 of 20

Thanks, both versions I have downloaded from the web, and 32bit to 1 and for 64bit I downloaded both the student version as the professional version, and both feel the same, not if it can be any compatibility problem with my PC Lenovo or something that is pre-installed, factory proves to restore back the computer and set it up again.

With Autocad feel the same, but if I put it in classic mode with toolbars I can run .... tapes but no way ...

Regards and thanks for your time

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report