Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem splitting corridor into regions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
morganproven8200
2755 Views, 5 Replies

Problem splitting corridor into regions

I'm trying to split a corridor I created into a few different regions.  However my results are not looking right.

Whenever I split the corridor and try to assign two different assemblies to the different regions; my corridor gets messed up.

I've attached a pic of the 2 assemblies. The bottom one is the one that I have successfully built the corridor from initially. The top one is the exact same, except with a slightly smaller size.

I've attached a pic of the corridor in a state where it has been split into 2 regions and both have the same assembly (Corridor -1 assembly Pic)

you can see the split at station 5250. It works fine.

I've also attached pics of the corridor parameter tab for this condition (Corridor Parameter tab - 1 assembly pic) and the surface tab (Corridor Surface Tab pic)

When I assign a second assembly (in this case to the 1st region) I get the results shown in the pic "Corridor Problem"  In this state I can't assign a boundary and as such my model doesn't really work.  I have tried other assemblies with the same results.

Any ideas?

Ps There seems to be a limit of 3 attachments, so I'll add the last image of the "corridor Problem" in a subsequent post.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Corridor Problem picture attached

Message 3 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: morganproven8200

There is a size limit for attachments. Using BMP's for images is a huge waste bits, saving them as PNG files prior to attaching works MUCH better.

Here is your Assemblies image as a PNG file, note that it is just 6.91 kb vs the 1900 kb BMP file.

Assemblies.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 6
morganproven8200
in reply to: Jeff_M

Any thoughts on the problem?

Message 5 of 6

Your corridor parameters box shows the stationing in meters. The "corridor problem" attachment looks like the stationing is in feet. 

Wat up wit dat? 

Message 6 of 6

Everything within the drawing is in metric.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report