Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Triming Contour lines...Any suggestion?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Linpat
569 Views, 5 Replies

Problem Triming Contour lines...Any suggestion?

Hi  all,

Up to now, I was able to trim contour (elevation) lines simply by drawing a polyline across the contour lines and use the trim command. But the function suddenly stop to work on my computer.

I have tried the function on other computers and it works very well.

Now, on my computer,  I can only trim one contour line after the other by adjusting the polyline to the same elevation as the contour line. This is rediculous if I have to trim hundreds of contour lines.

Because the problem is only on my computer, I suppose i have mistakenly apply a command that have change the settings on my computer.

I have reviewed my settings but cannot identify the problem.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KirkNoonan
in reply to: Linpat

Sounds like you need to change the 'Project' option to UCS. Check the command line after you execute the Trim command. You enter P for Project.

Message 3 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Add a Boundary Definition to your surface.

Boundary.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 6
neilyj666
in reply to: Pointdump

I'd agree with this generally but it doesn't sound like the OP is working with a surface - just trimming polyline contours

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 6
wfberry

I think we need to know exactly what program and version you are using.  When you select these contour lines are they polylines?  If so, where did they originate?

Bill

Message 6 of 6
Linpat

Thanks for your suggestions. I have resolved the problem by resetting my AutoCAD, following steps provided by the AutoCAD Civil 3D Services & Support!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report