Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing Linking Along the Same Survey Line

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wings1080
221 Views, 4 Replies

Preventing Linking Along the Same Survey Line

linking issue.jpgsee how linking is happening between points along the same survey line?

any ideas how to prevent this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: wings1080

Run some breaklines from one survey line to the other across the area where the TIN is interpolating incorrectly.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
wings1080

thanks, i tried the command "breakline" and connected 2 points across the 2 survey lines and all it did was draw a line with a "Z" in it and didn't seem to change the surface linking, sorry for my cluelessness but what is the correct command/procedure here? 

Message 4 of 5
wings1080

nevermind, thanks ... ran through breakline tutorial and got it to work

Message 5 of 5
mathewkol

FYI wings, this scenario will repeat itself over and over foy you in the future. The algorythm used to generate TIN surfaces (which nearly all software uses I think) is great, but it's correct maybe 80 or 90% of the time depending on the nature of elevation point layout.

The more breaklines that are picked up in the field, the less TIN editing you need to do.

The sample you gave us this time, a breakline would probably not be something a surveyor would pick up. Sometimes you just don't know how the TIN will be generated. No, this is just one of those thing you need to spot with dilligent surface editing skills. Which you obviously picked up...good.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report