Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure pipe elbows

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jbear0000
1038 Views, 3 Replies

Pressure pipe elbows

My company works on gas pipelines so I have been looking forward to giving Civil 3D 2013 a try to see what the presure pipes can do. For the gas pipelines there are basically 2 types of fittings that are used at bends. We use a 45° segmentable fitting and a 90° segmentable fitting. So if the bend is less than or equal to 45° then a 45° fitting is used, however, it can be cut down to any angle, so it could be cut to 35° or 20° or even 27.5°, anything. The same goes for the 90° fitting. When laying out the pipe network it seems that the only elbows are 90°, 45°, 21.5° and 11.25°. So basically when there is a bend that is less than 45° I want to use a 45° fitting, but be able to show the bend at the angle it is to be cut to. I tried laying out the network with pipes only and setting the maximum deflection angle to 90° and that does allow me to lay it out, but there is no way for me to label that angle. Does anyone know of a way to do something like this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: jbear0000

I took a quick look into this, and unfortunately I was unable to determine how this could be done other than manually adding MTEXT. Maybe someone else on the forums can chime in if they have a good solution.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 4
Neilw_05
in reply to: jbear0000

Apparently you can't generate a bend label from the fittings but if you create an alignment for the netowrk you can certainly create a deflection angle label from thje alignment.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 4
jbear0000
in reply to: Neilw_05

See this link: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Alignment-schematic/td-p/3383383

I am looking for a better way to create these schematics and was hoping that pressure pipes would be the answer, but so far they are not. If I could just get the deflection angle in an expression and as a label then I could do everything I want it to do. Hopfully more fittings will be added in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report