Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pipe Rules

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
klesausk
2558 Views, 7 Replies

Pressure Pipe Rules

I was wondering if you can create rules for a pressure pipe network similar to the rules that you can create for a pipe network.  I would like to create a cover and length rule for my system.  So far I saw that you can set a cover before drawing out the pressure network but I do not know how to edit that after the pressure pipes are drawn in.  Thanks in advance!!

Kit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Avera737
in reply to: klesausk

To answer your question, I believe you can "apply rules" to a network and Civil 3D will do it's best to apply the changes you've made to the rules.

However, I don't recommend using pipe networks to do pressure systems.  There are a number of reasons why, but basically it's because you can do much more if you design the network with an alignment, profile, and, if you are feeling ambitious, corridors.

Civil4D (formally Civil3D) dot com has a great two part post on exactly this.  While I myself have never used a corridor to do the earthwork calcs I have used alignments and profiles to do my designs and drawings.  I'm sure you can play around with some styles and get it to look similar to the way your pipe network is being displayed now.

Keep in mind while this looks like a pain to setup, once the styles are set and you've mastered the work flow you'll fly through the next design.

Message 3 of 8
klesausk
in reply to: Avera737

Thanks! Currently we do use alignments and profiles for our designs and it works great but with the 2013 having the pressure pipe network finally I was trying to see how it worked and if it would be applicable to our design.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like that's the case. Thanks for the video links though, I'll definitely try using corridors 

Message 4 of 8
Avera737

Look at that, learn something every day.  I had no idea 2013 came with a pressure network.  I'm still on 2012.  I'll have to check that out, I've got the 2013 disc somewhere.

Happy CADing!

Message 5 of 8
SethHall

I think the design checks could be helpful:  

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/filesCUG/GUID-376BE040-9D47-4ACF-A419-CB8EE85B19BB.htm

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 6 of 8
klesausk
in reply to: SethHall

Thanks!! I had used that to check the cover initially drawn in but is there a way to change the covers and put a minimum or max slope on the pressure pipe network after the network has been drawn?  I know you can do this for the pipe networks for sewer lines and such but I can't seem to find it for pressure pipes.  

Message 7 of 8
SethHall

I don't think this is possible at this time as you have found. Feel free to voice your opinions about this by clicking here: 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794 

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 8 of 8
klesausk
in reply to: SethHall

Thanks!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report