Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pipe Parts-No parts show up

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
mermerCAD
2190 Views, 15 Replies

Pressure Pipe Parts-No parts show up

I set the Pressure Network Catalog to one of the sqlite files located here: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Pressure Pipes Catalog\Imperial\

I brought the Pressure Network Parts Lists "Standard" and "Water" into my drawing by dragging it from the Toolspace from the out-of-the-box template _AutoCAD Civil 3D (Imperial) NCS.

When I open the parts list, there is nothing in the material category.  (See attachment 1)

On the Pressure Network Plan Layout ribbon, I don't have any parts to select for pipes or fittings (See attachment 2).

Why is this happening?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Meredith

Civil3D 2013

Windows 7 64-bit

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
SethHall
in reply to: mermerCAD

What happens if you just build your own parts list rather that dragging them in from the NCS template? Do they then work as expected?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 16
mermerCAD
in reply to: SethHall

Now I can't get it to recognize any pressure network catalogs.  I'm using a new profile created with 2013.  It was recognizing the pressure network catalogs yesterday.  I went to create a new parts list and it says "The current catalog, {%catalogname%} was not found. etc.".  I tried setting all three catalogs, and I get the same response. 

To answer your question though, if I remember correctly from yesterday, even when I tried to create a new parts list, there were no materials to choose.  Just a check box next to an empty line.

Message 4 of 16
SethHall

Interesting... what happens if you have another user try? Can they access the pipe catalogs and create pressure networks?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 5 of 16
mermerCAD
in reply to: SethHall

I reloaded the 2013 profile, and now it recognizes the pressure network catalog.

When I try to create a new Parts List and click Add Material, I get the attached dialog box.

How do I get materials?

Message 6 of 16
mermerCAD

I opened a new drawing and tried to create a new Parts List and it gave me materials.  Maybe it is just with old drawings that it won't show me materials?

Message 7 of 16
SethHall

Were both drawings pointing to the same catalog SQLITE files? 

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 8 of 16
mpartenheimer

Did you ever find the cause of this issue? I'm experiencing a similar situation.

Message 9 of 16
mermerCAD
in reply to: mpartenheimer

Not really.  It  seems to be hit or miss.  We're getting ready to upgrade to 2014 which supposedly fixed a lot of the pressure network issues.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Meredith

Message 10 of 16
Grimes_MG

I am unable to bring up any of the three (3) catalogs and am NOT planning on moving to 2014 any time soon. Is there a fix for my situation?

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1
Message 11 of 16
simonim
in reply to: Grimes_MG

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014

Home Tab > Create Design panel flyout > Set pressure Network Catalog

Browse to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2014\ita\Pressure Pipes Catalog\Metric, click Open but a msgbox tells me that there aren't pressure pipes catalogs in that folder?! But inside I see Metric_AWWA_PushOn.sqlite! Isn't it?

Message 12 of 16
mermerCAD
in reply to: Grimes_MG

Did you create a new template for 2013? You must have a 2013 template for the pressure networks to work. If you are using an older drawing, you may want to copy all of the linework into a new 2013 template. Did you try to revise the catalogs at all by adding PVC or changing the part descriptions or anything? This can mess them up so they disappear if it isn't done correctly. Are you setting the Pressure Network Catalog to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Pressure Pipes Catalog\Metric or Imperial? Meredith
Message 13 of 16
paulrdeyo86

It sounds like you are just selecting the "Imperial" folder and not one of the actual catalogs. You have to open either the "Imperial" or "Metric" folder and then select one of the SQLITE files(Imerpial_AWWA_Flanged.sqlite for example) that houses the materials, fittings, pipes and appertunances. Even then, those libraries are very small. We have been slowly building pressure pipe network parts of our own to meet the needs that we have that AutoDesk did not provide out of the box.

Message 14 of 16
mermerCAD
in reply to: paulrdeyo86

I disagree with you about the Catalog folder path. You need to stop at Imperial or Metric for the path. Then choose which SQLite folder to use for the Catalog database file. Meredith
Message 15 of 16
paulrdeyo86

I was just sharing what has worked for me recently. Have you gotten it to work since your initial post?

Message 16 of 16
mermerCAD
in reply to: paulrdeyo86

It worked as long as I used a 2013 profile and a 2013 template. If someone tried to use an older drawing, we had to copy it into a 2013 template, and it seemed to work. I don't know why, but that's what worked for us. I have done the same with 2014 without any issues thus far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report