Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pipe - Follow Surface / Vert Curve

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pne123
863 Views, 5 Replies

Pressure Pipe - Follow Surface / Vert Curve

Is there anyway to remove a vertical curve or segements created to follow a surface?  Currently if I want to go back to a straight run of pipe I have to delete the pipe and redraw it and add it back to the profile

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: pne123

At this time, once a pressure pipe is converted using the "CURVEPIPEINPV" OR "FOLLOWSURFACEINPV" commands, there is no way to convert them back to their previous straightened versions.

If you would like to submit this as an enhancment / wishlist item, please navigate to the link below and submit this to the project manager of that product (specified in link).  This will help the PM and developers hear your voice on any changes/concerns with functionality directly for consideration in future builds.

Feedback Link:  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 6

You can straighten a curved pipe, just not a "follow the surface" pipe.

Take the circular grip and place it exactly half way between the ends of the pipe.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 6
pne123
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks. Now if i could get the segmented pipe to care over into a another file through data shortcuts, I would be happy
Message 5 of 6
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: pne123

That funtionality has been logged as a wishlist item. In the meantime, here is the workaround to get the FOLLOWSURFACEINPV command to work for data shortcuts.

Workaround:

1. Create a dummy pressure network and draw just one pipe in the file you have your data shortcuts.
  2. With the dummy network created, you can now use the "FOLLOWSURFACEINPV" command and select the data referenced pipes in profile view.
  3. Re-apply the desired depth.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 6 of 6
pne123
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

Great. Thanks again.  I can work with that work around.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report