AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
jking
Message 1 of 4 (467 Views)

Pressure Pipe Fitting & Appurtenance Styles - User Block Annotative

467 Views, 3 Replies
05-04-2012 08:47 AM

Does anyone know of a way to make the "User-Defined Block" option under the Fitting/Appurtenance Styles (Plan tab) be annotative?

The blocks I created to use here are set to be annotative, but when I change the annotative scale it seems to ignore that and not change the size of the block.

I want to do this primarily due to Fire Hydrants, a lot of our plans are generated at 1"=50' and to get the Fire Hydrants to display at that scale we have a block that is exaggerated in size, however, when we do have a plan that is at a smaller scale, say 1"=20' the default block is too large and I was hoping there was a way to make them annotative so they would size to the current scale.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

J. King

Product Support
SethHall
Message 2 of 4 (410 Views)

Re: Pressure Pipe Fitting & Appurtenance Styles - User Block Annotative

05-08-2012 09:03 AM in reply to: jking

Judging from my tests and from what the HELP says about the User-Defined Block option, it doesn't appear that this is possible at this time: 

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/filesCUG/GUID-8FD69E5C-083D-4EC4-B1E9-35C0BFF0DE86.htm#GUID-...

You may want to post this in the "Wishes" section or leave your feedback here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

It's also possible that other users have found ways to accomplish a similar task, and I encourage anyone to chime in with an suggestions.

Seth Hall
Product Support
GCSO - CSS - FTS
Autodesk, Inc.

Being Civil
Being Civil Twitter
Being Civil Facebook

*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 3 of 4 (209 Views)

10-14-2013 08:56 AM in reply to: jking

Absolutely nothing I've done can make these fittings annotative other then adding annotative blocks to the drawing that are not a part of the pressure network. Fittings can't be annotative (for some reason), labels can't be rotated, labels aligned with the objects don't work because, even though the fitting looks rotated when you use the "Pipes and Fittings" command, they aren't rotated.

I'm at a lose. Anyone else have any ideas?

*Expert Elite*
jmayo
Message 4 of 4 (194 Views)

10-14-2013 11:08 AM in reply to: BrianHailey

Anything but a pres network... :smileysurprised:

plines, dyn blocks & profile

algmnt, profile & C3D labels (blocks in labels can scale)

Pipe Network

John Mayo, PE
IDSP 2014
Win 7 64, Xeon ES165@3.2Ghz,
64 GB RAM, Quadro K4000 (x2)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs