Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Network Pipe in profile not showing up as crossing pipe why?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tsaxy2k8
1102 Views, 3 Replies

Pressure Network Pipe in profile not showing up as crossing pipe why?

Morning all.

Running C3D 2013 SP1 over here.  Here's the deal, I'm having issues with a Pressure Network pipe not showing up as a crossing pipe, it just disappears literally.  It shows up as a normal pipe if I leave it on the "centerline" style that comes with the template.  The minute I copy this style and set the profile to show only the crossing pipe info, the pipe disappears from the screen totally, gone, poof.  If change the pipe style to centerline it comes back, but not as a crossing pipe of course.

The scenario.  I have a sewer line that the water line, my pressure network, is crossing at pretty much a T type of situation, meaning it goes over my sewer line and does not parallel the sewer line at all, it crosses it just like a, well a cross. 

So I can get the sewer line to show up as a crossing pipe in the water line profile, not an issue. 

But if I go to my sewer profile when I add in the crossing pipe from the pressure network and do an "override" on the style to use a crossing style, it disappears.  If I do not override the style, and use the template style (centerline), it acts like it is paralleling the sewer pipe, which it does not.  So it shows its full length instead of an ellipised crossing pipe.

Is this a bug?

If not how do I fix it?

This is the 3rd time on a totally different project that i've run into the problem.  Last time I just left the water pipe off hoping the DEQ department does not catch it.  I prefer to show it though.

The style has the Profile crossing pipe info all on, I've even moved it from layer 0 to a layer that we use just to make sure it's not a layer issue.  I've tried turning off crossing pipe inside, no change still get nothing.  I've played with the style hoping some combination in the profile pull down will turn that ellipse on, but it just does not do it.

Is this a case of "we don't have that ability yet"?

Please help.  Heidi

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgordon
in reply to: tsaxy2k8

could you post a dumbed  down drawing with just the elements that are not working?

I'm have some ideas but would like to look at the facts before suggesting anything.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 4
tsaxy2k8
in reply to: dgordon

Dan,

That was a big FAIL.  I tried to upload the file, purged and audited in a zip.  But 1.6MB is just over the limit.  I could email it to you.  How bout you email me and then I'll send it to you in all it's 3mB glory.  strongarmconsulting at gmail dot com.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Message 4 of 4
C_William_Lee
in reply to: tsaxy2k8

I've noticed that if alignments sometimes need curves in them for Civil 3D to function properly.  If you add a small (almost unnoticeable) curve where your alignment changes direction it should help Civil 3D to better identify a crossing pipe.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report